Goodbye Raven-you were a wonderful friend

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by dobe627, Jan 20, 2009.

1. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    Well I thought my week couldn't get any worse( I posted about losing our foal)well I was wrong. I just lost my 10 1/2 year doberman Raven. God he was such a good dog and a great friend. You were always so loyal, so obeidient and oh so funny. Your "crazy dog" and play dead cracked alot of people up. You loved our road trips and you went alot of places with me. You saw me at my worst and best. I am sure Apollo and bo will wonder where you are. Apollo won't be able to trick you out of your food. I know you have crossed the rainbow bridge and I will bet our Thor met you there. You really missed him when he passed. I know Daddy is out there burying you and midnight( the foal) right now. It was hard on him too to lose you. I never thought I would see him cry. I know you know we loved you. And I hope you life was a good one. You are breathing easy now my dear. You will always be in our hearts. Run free my friend run free. I love you and miss you, mommy.
  2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry...I know it isn't easy..... :hug:

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ok now that I am bawling at work - as I can feel your pain - I can sincerly say that I am sorry for your loss. He will be waiting for you on the otherside.... :hug:
  4. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    It's never easy to lose those beloved pets! :hug:
  5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am so sorry you lost your friend. I know your pain all too well Cathy..Raven will be waiting for you :hug:
  6. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
  7. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    Thank you all for your kind words. Its been a tough time, realizing he's not here. He was the one who always went to the barn with me late at night (he's the one I trusted the most to listen). :sigh: He was always so happy to go for a ride, even if it was just to the feed mill 10 minutes away. I rescued him from a bad situation when he was less then a year old. Since I have owned dobermans I could tell he would be a good dog once I earned his trust. It took awhile but once I did he was awesome. I don't know how many times today I went to say " raven move" because he was a velcro dog. And when I would carry laundry downstairs would have to get him to move. The other 2 dogs were looking for him. I know they miss him too. I know it gets easier as time goes on and that I will see him again. But right now gosh does it hurt. :tear:
  8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh goodness, I am so so sorry. :hug: Dogs are such amazing companions, it's so hard when they go.
  9. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    I am so sorry hun. Now I am crying also. :pray:
  10. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas
    Sorry to hear of your loss. It does get easier, but we never forget them. They win a special piece of our hearts that is forever altered by them. They are sent to teach us what unconditional love really is.
    Big hugs!
  11. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    I am very sorry for your loss.

It's so very hard, when they become so much a part of our lives, it's so apparent when they're gone. The favorite spot to sleep, walks/rides, and their funny acts. Cry, grieve, and talk all you need to-"a wonderful friend" deserves that honor of rememberance.