Goodbye Spice. [Pic heavy]

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Nubiansrus, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Let me tell you a little Story about a mare named Spice. Well start the story by telling you that she was at a very bad auction house feeling very unloved... and very hungry... for she needed a few pounds. But at least... she got lucky and for $50 her life was spared and she became a little girls horse, but those people were not at all happy with there buy, because she didnt have enough energy, she was an old gal. So they didnt take very good care of this ole gal. They didnt wanna spend anymore money on a horse they werent pleased with so they didnt bother getting her teeth done, so she couldnt really eat her food. Which was just hay. But those people did find it in there heart to let the mare go for free once she was bone skinny 7 monts later. This is what Spice looked like when she came to us...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This little girl had a wont give up Spirit. Boiy a bath and starting to get food felt good.

[​IMG]

Starting to feel alive again!!

[​IMG]

Love and food is a good thing!!

[​IMG]

A little girl even loved me!! [This pic was about 5 months after getting her.

[​IMG]

6 months later... I can play!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But sadly my girl was put to sleep last week. Her life ended with us after just 7 months. The spirit and heart to this mare amazed me. The vet said it was wormer collic. Im not so sure. Never saw a worm in her... so we shall never know. I only know a hole in my heart is there now, and Ill never forget her.

Me and Spice a couple weeks before she died. RIP my beautiful girl.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh my she was beautiful! so sorry you had to put her down how sad :( :tears:

3. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Oh no- I remember the day you got her when you posted on HT.
    Im so sorry to hear that you lost her, but you can just see from her eyes that you made the last 7 months of her life very very happy! :hug:

4. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Hug. That's what Jinah looked like when I got her. sorry for your loss. Atleast she died happy.Atleast she knew you cared. :hug:

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Oh my gosh. You so have me in tears. She looked so happy and a very loving horse.
    I have one somewhat like that, we have the story on my website. She was a very beautiful girl and you did a amazing job. Yes you can sure see the love in her eyes when she was with you and she new she was truly loved. :hug: Congratulations on giving your heart and sole to a beautiful girl and I am so sorry that had to have her put down. That just breaks my heart.

I just do not understand people. If you do not love something GET RID OF IT :veryangry: . Don't let it just starve to death.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry...you had to put her down.....she was beautiful.... :(

7. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    Thankyou so much for taking that beautiful girl in and loving her. I just don't understand poeple that abuse animals. You made Spice's life so much better. Sorry that you had to put her down.

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am so sorry that you lost her - my heart is with you.

9. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug: But it's so great that you were able to let her be happy for the time that you did have her. She looked so much better. (I'm about in tears too) :tears:

10. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    I am so sorry hun. *huggles* I woul dnot know what I would do if I lost my baby Kassie Ann. I am worried cause she is a older horse and going to be haven a foal soon. I have lost a couple of horses in my life and I feel for ya.

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a beauty! I am so glad that you could give her what love she deserved, even if for a short while....she is running and playing, full of the love she has from you :hug: I am so sorry you lost her. :hug:

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :hug: what a beautiful horse, i'm glad that she ended happy, and much more alive than when she came to you..
    touching story.
    i really dont get how somebody could do this...really sad. :sigh:

13. lorna

lorna New Member

May 12, 2008
    :( I had not been watching this post, so it was a rollercoaster of a read. I am in tears, seeing animals suffer breaks my heart to the core. Who would starve a living creature like that? I would clean toilets or sell myself on the corner before I would let any living thing under my care end up like that!
    I hope this has been reported to the sheriffs office or other authority. Even if they do nothing at first I think it is very important they see people care and want justice. Animals have no voice, we have to be that for him. :angel2:

Thank you for helping them. What breaks my heart the most is thinking that they feel abandoned and alone and can only feel they did something wrong. It is clear these critters left feeling loved, if even for a short time, they left with some spirit intact. It takes a special person to do this. Thank you. :thankU:
    Lorna Leslie

14. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    So sorry for your loss!