Goodbye Sweet Girl

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by KW Farms, Jun 7, 2009.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I just lost one of my nicest does of the herd, Delight. She was just a yearling and I was so looking forward to breeding her this winter. Anywho, I went out yesterday afternoon to find her lying dead with puncture holes all over her neck and covered in blood.

I talked with one of our neighbors (neighbor #1) this morning and he said he saw another neighbor's (neighbor #2) dog in the goat pasture and then Neighbor 2 was out in the goat pasture beating the day lights out of his dog which must mean neighbor 2's dog killed my goat. So anyway, there's nothing I can do about it due to mental issues w/ the guy, I took pictures of the damage and fenced EVERY little hole around the pen...oh and put our LGD out there (she usually stays in the buck pen and then is let out every morning to pasture along with the does, but I didn't let her out yesterday :doh: The one day she is most needed)

Anywho, I am so bummed out today. :tears: Poor little thing. I will miss you sweet girl.
  2. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I am so, so very sorry :hug: !

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    She was beautiful......I am sorry... for your loss.... :hug: :(
  4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    So sorry for the tragic loss of the little beauty :hug:
  5. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I am so sorry!
    Too bad you can't do anything. Around here a dog gets put down for killing or even annoying livestock.
  6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am so sorry that you lost her - she was a pretty girl.
  7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH HUN, I am so sorry for your loss. That is so heart breaking. Is there any way of making them pay for you loss? I know you said Mental issues but I would be going Mental on them. :hug:

You are a big hearted person and I give you lots of credit. At least she was in a very loving and caring home while she was here waiting to go to greener pastures. :hug: :hug:
  8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh gosh, I know it is just aweful, I was SO pissed when I found out exactly what happened. The problem is the guy who owns the dog is an ex war veteran that literally went insane, he is a dangerous guy and you DO NOT want to get on his bad side....We get along with him well at this point, if we ever got on his bad side I would be fearful he may harm some of my livestock, honestly. He lives not to far from my horse pasture and then the goat pasture is even closer. He doesn't know that I know it was his dog and he knows what happened and I fear he may freak out if we go talk with him about it....I already know there is no way to get anything for recovery money from him because of his mental state. If it was anyone else's dog I would march straight over there and let them know, but I feel for safety reasons to just let this one go, but yeah, it is definately frustrating.
  9. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    So very sorry for your loss of Delight. :hug:
  10. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    :( I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet girl :hug: Too bad your neighbors dog couldn't somehow go missing :idea:
  11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    AMEN. I sure would shoot it if I saw it on my property ever again.