Goodbye to Isa

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by lesserweevil, Mar 16, 2009.

1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    It's a sad day... today Isa leaves for her new home, in Co. Offaly. Which is about 3 hours from where I live. At least.

A couple of "goodbye" photos of my lovely Isa:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm going to miss her a lot but, I had to sell her to help with expenses - and from before she was born, she was supposed to be sold.

Hopefully her new owner, Paul, will take good care of her. He seemed interested in learning more about goat keeping, and I have given him this website for reference. He has a cow and a calf so far, and Isa will be separated from them by a fence, and he may get more goats too if he can find them.

He is driving 3 hours to pick her up and paying 250E for her, which is about $325 USD so hopefully with that expense and time taken, he is going to look after my baby.

I will miss her but... what can I do.

Love you Isa

LW

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    so sorry Katie! :hug: But I am happy she has a home :leap:

3. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Oh, best wishes for your "lovely Isa". Darn it, we're going to miss her too. :(

:grouphug: for you and Isa.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Best wishes in her new home!! She will miss you - but at least you know she is going to a good home!

5. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    It is always hard to say goodbye to those beloved goaties! :grouphug:

6. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    It is always hard to see them go, isn't it? :hug: Atleast you can rest easy knowing she is in a good home! He sounds like he is really making an effort to do it right! :wink:

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    What a sweet girl. I am so sorry that you had to sell her.

I have said it before but I will say it again, you take the best pictures of your goats. They are always so sweet looking and I swear they pose for you.

I hope he gets more goats, I hate the thought of her being alone. :hug:

I know how hard it is to sell those that we love. Yesterday I sold the doe that is in the picture at my signature and her babies. I gave her tons of kisses and then cried like a baby.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It is sad ...when we are forced... to sell our beloved goats.....My heart goes out to you...... :hug: :(

9. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Well Isa is gone now. Her new couple (they belong to her not the other way round IMHO...) think she's adorable and they took a bucket of her feed so that she can gradually adapt to what they have. They were greatly appreciative of the info I had written out for them and they said any time I travelled up to Offaly I was welcome to come visit her. (Not that that'll ever happen)

The woman absolutely LOVED Demi and when I said she was due to kid in April she was like "well maybe we'll be back for more!"

That would be cool. I hope they find a companion to Isa and I think they'll be hooked pretty soon and will grow their goat program! It was sad only having one to sell, as I expect they would have taken two.

I am going to miss my baby girl like mad. I keep looking at the field and there are only three... where is number four??? I have to keep reminding myself that I will have more when Demi kids - but then I always have to realise that I will have to sell them too!!! Oh and I have Fionn coming too, I suppose.

Thanks and I'm glad you like the pictures. I always take about 30 pictures when I go out to the goats, and then pick the ones I like the best to actually upload and post. I take photos at all angles and distances and usually find some I like!!

The man was funny on the phone, cause I had told him yesterday that I had a man who said he was going to phone me back today. He was like "and tell that other man to go ..... cause I'm having that goat!!!"

LW

oh baby I want her baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack... >.< take your 250E back, old man, and give me my baby... eep.

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    :hug: OH Hun, I know it is so hard. I do feel for you, as I have sold 18 goats and I will miss them all.
    I never name of even handle the babies I am not keeping. If I do I am a mess when they leave. Some people think that is mean to not give them the contact but I can not do it and get attached. It is not like I do not touch them, I just do not love on them like i do the ones I am keeping.

Ibet they will treat her like a queen that she is.

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Take comfort in knowing that you gave her a wonderful loving start in her life, I'll miss seeing her as well, your girls are so very pretty and always so expressionate for the camera. Your beautiful little girl is going to a great home...one that will love her as you do. :hug:

12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is funny.... :greengrin:

I feel your pain...I am so sorry... :hug:

13. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    oh I am so sorry for your loss, but happy that she sounds like she is going to a good home and get a new family addicted to goats :) , just trying to look on the brighter side. :hug: Make sure to keep in touch with them and send them photos when you get new kids.

I know it will be hard to let my boys go when it is time.

14. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Isa is such a darling girl. I completely understand your feelings.

We'll have to sell our new Ober buckling. There's no place to keep an intact buck at the school and he needs to go to a herd where he can make beautiful Ober babies. :sigh:

My daughter doesn't want to spend too much time getting attached to him, since he can't stay with us. I'm already doomed, since I snuggle with the little guy every day when she feeds. When she sold last year's doelings, I couldn't be there to say "good-bye". It was just too sad, even though they went to a wonderful home and became pets for the children there.

I'm glad Isa has a good new home. We'll miss seeing her sweet face here on TGS. :hug:

Anna

15. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    How are you doing today? I know it is hard to go outside and not see your goats that you love so much.

16. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Well I'm not at home, so... I don't get to go out and see any of them, so it doesn't really "come home" at the moment, if that makes sense.

I won't be home until Sunday

LW

17. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    SOrry hun. I cnan to even think of selling my two bucks. :grouphug: But it dose sound like she went to a good home.