The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She’s not suffering now. She teased me by eating alfalfa out of my hand for me, and she was drinking water when we walked in. She was SO happy to see Pumpkin Spice. She laid down and called to him. She licked him. I noticed her tongue was awfully light pink. She acted fine at first, but started to decline while we sat with her. I think she was just happy to see us.

I’m going to miss her very much. I hope Pumpkin Spice gets nighttime zoomies like she did and runs around with his tongue out of his mouth a bit.

When she ate for me, we almost took her home. But I resisted the temptation. She only ate when I first sat next to her, then seemed to feel sick. I think she was just trying to please me. I got to see a good side of her before she passed. I no longer have a capybara goat.💔

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
1,148 Posts
Oh @Emrcornerranch, I truly am very, very sorry for your loss of sweet Treasure. My heat breaks for you and your family. You did an amazing job caring for Treasure while she was still with you, I don't think more could have been done. I know you made the best, but very tough decision to end all her pain and suffering. As hard as it is to loose an animal, at least you now know that your sweet, beautiful girl is no longer in any pain or suffering in any way, which is ultimately how we all want our animals to feel. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers. 💔💐🌹

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
1,148 Posts
Pumpkin Spice is literally the CUTEST goat I have ever seen (really)!!! 😍 I agree with Mellon, he really is a miracle. 😘 My heart aches for the fact that Treasure never really got the chance to be a mom...💔

1 - 20 of 40 Posts