GoodEnuff Farm Kidding Thread Late 20-21

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by goodenuff, Nov 14, 2020.

1. goodenuff

goodenuff Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2019
    Idaho
    Decided that I needed to start a thread for my girls because otherwise, I will be creating way too many threads. I am including my grandma’s goats as well since she doesn’t have an account nor a farm name. We are expecting babies starting (boer) December 20-sometime in March or April (boer, Nigerian, and guernsey). The December boer girls that are first-fresheners have udders forming already and they have huge bellies! It’s hard to get pictures and the camera makes them look smaller than they are. IMG_2166.jpg IMG_2160.jpg Has anyone used a pregtoner before? I was basically given one this year and I love it! Just wondering if there’s any tricks to getting it to detect amniotic fluid in girls that carry their babies weird? My Nigerian doe should be bred and yesterday, I could sometimes get it to detect a body of fluid (definitely not her bladder) but it was a weird spot. She definitely carries her babies lower than most goats. I am still going to draw blood to get a for sure positive since I’m still new to the pregtoner, but any tips would be appreciated!

GoofyGoat and Moers kiko boars like this.
  2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Great you got it for free! Good luck!

Moers kiko boars likes this.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  4. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Good luck with kidding! Looks like winter is in Idaho! Stay warm!

GoofyGoat and Moers kiko boars like this.
  5. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Forgive my ignorance but what’s a pregtoner? Is it like an ultrasound? I’ve never heard of one. Curious minds want to know.

Pretty does you have there! Can’t wait to see the kids as they come along.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  6. goodenuff

Jan 1, 2019
    Idaho
    Sorry, just saw this! A pregtoner is kind of like an ultrasound but there’s no screen, just a beeping sound. It will flatline once it detects a body of fluid. There are a fair amount of false positives with them since people tend to aim them at their bladder but I haven’t had a false one yet since you aim the wand a bit further forward.

7. goodenuff

Jan 1, 2019
    Idaho
    So this is probably one of the first does bred and she’s huge! She’s a first timer so we probably couldn’t even take a somewhat accurate guess on how many she has in there.

November 13 IMG_2169.jpg
    November 24 IMG_2202.jpg To top it all off, she’s already swollen back there and the first possible due date is Dec. 20th!

8. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Hopefully a nice set of healthy.happy twins! Happy.kidding!

goodenuff and MadHouse like this.
  9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  10. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Good luck. Doe code dictates that she is going to keep you guessing right up untill you give up and then let you see her hostages. Its so exciting.

11. goodenuff

Jan 1, 2019
    Idaho
    I was able to go out and visit the Boers today; we’re all taking bets on who is going to kid first since the three December first timers have the same due date [Dec. 17]. They all are loose/swollen and have beautiful udders (sorry if that sounds weird for Boers but I do the dairy while mom and grandparents do the meat).

Norma Jean IMG_2420.jpg
    Rainy IMG_2418.jpg IMG_2421.jpg
    Oreo IMG_2427.jpg IMG_2428.jpg

Also got a pic of the girl that is due about a week after the three, Bratty. Poor girl’s tummy just about touches the ground. IMG_2417.jpg

January due date girls:

Scarlett (January’s only non-first timer) IMG_2339.jpg
    Kimber IMG_2423.jpg
    Fern IMG_2424.jpg
    And I somehow didn’t get a picture of Sky, but oh well.

The rest of the goaties are due later in the year. Getting close!

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  12. MadHouse

13. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Ohhhh its getting closer. Nice looking does! Cant wait to see you wee ones!

goodenuff and MadHouse like this.
  14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  15. goodenuff

Jan 1, 2019
    Idaho
    Oh their getting so close that it's making me antsy!! The girl that's due in later-December is so wide that she can barely squat to go pee. Her tummy just about touches the ground but her tummy is built weird anyway so who knows if babies have dropped or not; if they haven't then her tummy will most definitely be dragging on the ground. The pics are from a week ago. View attachment 192949 View attachment 192951 20201211_163632.jpg View attachment 192955 View attachment 192953

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  16. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
  17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Wow, she is carrying so low.

goodenuff likes this.
  18. goodenuff

Jan 1, 2019
    Idaho
    So I think that I'm gonna win the bet; my grandma sent this pic the morning and I have my overalls and boots at the ready! This one is Oreo, the black and white doe. PART_1608397856513.jpg

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  19. MadHouse

Good luck and happy kidding!

Moers kiko boars and goodenuff like this.
  20. goodenuff

Jan 1, 2019
    Idaho
    So I went over to see the goats yesterday evening and I think that the first does will kid tomorrow. It's a race between Oreo and Bratty. Both girls are so big and they look miserable, poor girls. View attachment 193001 20201219_165710.jpg