Goodnight Bandit

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Dreamchaser, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    We just came home from the vet's office. We had to put down my cat today. I knew it was coming, but it still hurts. He had been kicked by a horse in 2008 and had kidney failure then. He just wasn't ready to give up (you could see it in his eyes), but the vet wanted to put him down then. He bounced back, but we knew that our time was limited with him.

We finally knew the time was near when we came home from our Christmas trip and found him in the garage. He looked depressed, (he was a very emotional cat, he gets depressed when we are not around) and was lethargic. We were hoping he would bounce back again like he always did. He came around a little, but he pretty much stopped eating the last few days. I'm glad I took the day off to spend one more day with him. The last few days I knew he wasn't ready to go, but this morning I could tell it was time.

Our time my friend has come to an end, so tonight we say goodnight. We love you Bandit. Rest in peace.

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    So sorry :hug: Amazing how our beloved pets let us know when they are ready to leave us, Bandit was one tough kitty for hanging on as long as he did :hug:

3. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Yeah, his original name was Renegade. And it really should have been. He once climbed a thorn tree, and got huge thorns stuck in his chest. He even caught his tail on fire once. He was crazy! He was very independant, but still needed to come in at night for his daily dose of lovin. He had an annoying desire to sleep on my pillow (not enough room!) and choke me with his tail hair. Silly ol' boy. He made me let him sleep there, he would army crawl back up to my pillow over and over again after I would set him down beside me. For whatever reason, he chose me.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry... for your loss.... :( :hug:

5. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    I'm so sorry!!! It is hard to lose a beloved pet!!! Prayers are with you!

6. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Sounds like one of those once in a lifetime kind of animals. :hug: