Goodnight Daisie Mae

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by kelebek, Mar 13, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ms. Daisie Mae,

I took you in as a rescue not knowing the place you would hold in me heart. I knew that it was time that you went to a new home, as the others were just not being very nice to you. I found you a home, and you were going soon, but obviously you didn't want your last days to not be here with your herd, with you home.

I came home to screaming goats, not knowing what was going on. I went to the barn to find them all surrounding you, laying there, with no life at all. I quitely bent down, but you had left some time ago. You were a fighter, but it was your time.

This morning you were fine, and last night you were climbing on me to get pettings and to eat your minerals, and now you are gone. Just the thought of that special time spent together last night - our last night together and I had no idea.

I love you little Daisie Mae, you taught me alot when I first started with goats. You were the last of the originals. You gave me some precious kids. Although the beginning of your life was aweful, I hope you will know the love that you had - your Idaho White Trash self, with your underbite, snaggle toothed, weird haired self.

I love you baby girl - Rest in Peace.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Oh I'm so sorry Allison, she had a great time with you though. :hug:

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I am sorry you lost her. :tear: :hug:

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I forgot to mention - I do believe it was bloat. There was white foam around her mouth.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh allison I am so sorry! :tear:

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am so very sorry Allison, I know how much you loved her and she knew as well :hug:

7. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I am so sorry Allison... :hug:

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH Allison, I am so sorry to hear that. I feel so bad for you, I know how much you loved her. At least she had a VERY happy and loving home with you. :hug:

That is really bad if it is bloat. I have talked to a few Vets at TAM and LSU and CSU vet schools. They have no idea what is going on with the bloat in all the goats. They said it is every where. The one thing they about all agreed on was to make sure Baking soda is out for all the goats to get when ever they need, and they are leaning towards the thought of doing a CDT every 6 months, they think that might help, but right now they are grasping at straws. I think it has been about 50-50 for the goats if they had their CDT before they got the bloat. Allison had you given Daisie Mae her CDT yet? Just trying to find something in common with all this.

9. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
  10. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
  11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is so sad...... :( ......you were blessed to have her in your life ..as well as hers in yours....you took great care of her and she loved you for it...she said her sweet good byes to you and thanked you the night before.....I am so sorry for your loss it isn't easy and very devastating...... :hug:

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Thank you everyone.

Lori -

Here is what I have in her records -
    10/1/2007 - CAE, CL testing negative, CDT vaccine
    12/2007 - cocci tx - Albon
    9/25/2008 - CDT, safeguard
    12/7/08 - bred by blue
    1/11/09 + pregnancy test
    2/1/09 - ivomec orally
    2/3/09 - aborted twins (53 days gestation) hard time passing placenta, took couple days for all of it
    2/22/09 - copper bolused

She was sold and was going to be going to her new home as soon as Hemi was ready to be weened. She has been getting a little thiner, and so I was waiting for preg tests that I got on friday (yesterday) so that I knew who I could treat for cocci (that time of year again). I am starting cocci treatment today on the herd as preventative - but I just thought it was because a couple of the other goats were beating the snot out of her as to why she was a little on the thin side - not to mention she never got her condition "totally" back from her back to back pregnancies, but I thought that was just her.

13. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I am so SO VERY sorry Allison!!! :hug:

14. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I'm sorry that you lost her. I'm glad she went there with you and not after she moved... it would have been even harder on her.

15. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    I am so sorry for your loss-how very precious your special time together. :hug:

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Its so weird - it has been two days - and it is just now sinking in. Last night when I went to the barn, I was feeding and then started looking for her to "put her away" because she sneaks out of the pen when I am feeding. That is when it hit me.

My pen is bare without her under my feet and trying to escape to be out with me.

17. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry ....Allison...It will be hard for a while....I know she was a great part of your life ...and it is so hard ..not to miss her......she is in a good place and she see's your pain and misses you to.... :hug: :pray:

18. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ugh I hate that part :sigh:

19. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    I am so sorry Allison!

20. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    I am sorry sweetey. :grouphug: She is probly up there given who ever a hard time and exscapen on them.