The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it’s that time of year again. Baby season :)
Our babies are going to have babies of their own.
Up first is our boy Merlin. He’s a polled Nigerian Dwarf (AGS) and has the habit of throwing nothing but black furred babies. (Eleven out of twelve) While I know you can’t milk color, I’m sure hoping for some color this year. Just so it’s easier to tell who’s who from the window.

Minerva and Ginny are both due on the 26th, both are first fresheners and also from the first litter born here at Horn & Waddle Farms. Along with their brother Albus they started us on our journey here.
Both girls are starting their little udders and doing the moaning and groaning waddle. It’s so cute!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't know you were going to have babies this year! That's so exciting!

Your does are pretty, which one is which?
I only bred two because I didn't think I could handle more. Minerva is the more colorful, while Ginny is more white. Both are Andromeda's kids. Their older sister Tonks gave us trips last year as a FF, I'm hoping for twins with both of these girls. I just hope there's no singles, especially for Minerva who's a smaller sized doe.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Oh yay! I was hoping you would make a waiting thread!
They are gorgeous, all three of them.
I will be waiting with you, excitedly!

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much ladies. @Moers kiko boars @MadHouse I'm working on getting more pictures but today was CDT and hoof trims for Merlin and Alastor (200+lb boer) so that about did me in, but it's done. We got the whole herd done in the last 3 days.
I was in the garage messing about and my Mollywobbles decided she wanted to help. She took a bite out of each bale of alfalfa to make sure it was good. She's one of my last years bottle babies it was funny then she had to taste each bag of minerals as I refreshened all the feeders...
I swear she's a dog in a goat Costume lol

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mollywobbles is so adorable!

I have a ND ff due today. She doesn't look like she is in any kind of labor. She does have an udder but I don't think it full/super tight yet.
She isn't real big so I think she must only have one. Her belly has dropped a little but not real obvious.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mollywobbles is so adorable!

I have a ND ff due today. She doesn't look like she is in any kind of labor. She does have an udder but I don't think it full/super tight yet.
She isn't real big so I think she must only have one. Her belly has dropped a little but not real obvious.
How exciting for you! Best of luck with your girl, I hope she has twin does that just need to cook for a couple more days :)

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Managed to grab a couple of quick pics...
Ginny photo-bombing and tushie shot. Then Minerva (ignore the cud in Minervas cheek,looks like she’s chewing a baseball lol)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Three weeks to go...geez, I can’t believe how quick it’s gone. I’m mostly stuck in bed today my knee and ankle are so swollen from the last few days getting everyone caught up on trims, cdt’s and selenium etc. I guess it’s reorganize the kidding kit day. Maybe I’ll make some baby coats out of the grandkids old sweatpants too.
My oldest son and his family are moving to Texas on the first of the month! And, they’ll only be a couple hours away! Finally I’ll get to see the kids more than once a year! I’m SO SO. Excited :) The grandkids will get to play with the girls new babies...what a great time it will be being able to share that. yay!
Enough babbling...;)
I’m just thrilled :)

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Lurking your kidding post. You're does are so cute! Excited to see babies! I'm sure doe code will definitely be enforced with these 2 gals. :)
Thanks, That's ok, their mom, Andromeda's a pro and got the doe code down pat and she passed it to their big sister Tonks so, I'm expecting a bunch of shenanigans from these two lol. I've got three generations from this line lol.
As long as they're healthy and happy I'm good :)

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
They are both so nice looking!
I’m happy for you to get your grandkids closer to you!
They will have so much fun with the kidlets!

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, the waddle squad decided that no work was to be done today and that they were the center of attention. The poor pathetic neglected girls followed my daughter and I around like puppies getting under foot.
Finally we stopped everything and sat on the spools to love on them and Ginny crawled up into my lap (all 85 pregnant pounds of her) that spool groaned ...oh did it groan...well it spooked Minerva so much that she took off to the other end of the pen and she left us alone. Ginnys got wide eyed and about rolled off my lap and hid in the hoop house... it was too funny..the times you wish you had a cam Corder...lol silly waddle squad.

1 - 20 of 269 Posts