The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Morning cookie break....(dogs go to groomers Tuesday lol) The doeling in the picture is Aurora (aka little bit) my preggos and Tonks littlest sister. She turns one in April. Eowyn (white) is my tripaw rescue and Gimli (brown) is my other rescue.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
That is so funny, the spool groaning scaring the girls!
We had to rescue the lawnmower and rototiller out of a dripping shed today. We started the tiller to drive it to the garage. The goats, being curious, had followed us to the shed, until that engine caught !!! Waaaah, they took off like a shot!

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That is so funny, the spool groaning scaring the girls!
We had to rescue the lawnmower and rototiller out of a dripping shed today. We started the tiller to drive it to the garage. The goats, being curious, had followed us to the shed, until that engine caught !!! Waaaah, they took off like a shot!
Oh the horror lol! Mine hate the riding mower ;)

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Just for fun, here is May.
View attachment 200679
Awwww, my gosh she was so tiny too and so cute! (She still is of course)
It's funny, I was looking at old pictures and came across Tonks (Ginny and Minervas big sister) dead goating in the middle of the night and it was freezing cold out. I look up at my barn cam and there's Ginny doing the same damn thing...what's with this line of girls that has to lay flat like that at the oddest times to give me a heart attack! Ugh! Bloody goats

Attachments

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Oh my, it’s two weeks until we start nightly checks and intense baby watch....so much to do, so little time.
Tonight we move the chicks and ducklings out of the barn and into the coop. Then tomorrow we start getting the kidding stalls scrubbed down and bleached. Mother Nature has it out for us this coming weekend with thunderstorms though :( so there’s will be a bunch of girls inside. I hope she calms down in time for kidding but, well that probably won’t happen.
Ginny and Minerva are waddling around and taking it easy. Their girth’s are really widening and udders are expanding. It’s getting closer!
I’m undecided if I’m going to do a increase in their grain rations yet. I’m a bit worried that Minerva has a single and she’s a smaller doe, I don’t want to go through what I did with Fleur last year (losing the doeling and almost losing Fleur) I keep telling myself it was the bad presentation more than the size and that’s true but Minerva is my baby and it would kill me to have something bad happen.
Enough rambling...I’ll get pictures later :)

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
How time suddenly flies! 2 weeks only?? :eek:mg:
Good thing you're on it, and getting everything ready.
Maybe you can go "middle of the road" with the grain increase? To calm your mind both ways.
That's probably what I'll do. They only get a yogurt cupful a day now I'll probably up it the Sunday before they're due. (Friday) I'm just going to pack In more punch rather than calories in the meantime. They are attacking their goat pail though that I got at TSC.
Isn't crazy how time flys when you don't want it to lol

21 - 40 of 271 Posts