The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Goat Crazy!
6,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so we've had some colds going through our tiny herd. Very mild congestion and a couple of the girls have light coughs. With all our crazy temperature changes, I am watching them like a hawk for pneumonia. So far, so good. We've just been treating with vitamin C and Vet-RX.

Last night I had one girl with a goopy eye. Today, I have 2 girls with goopy eyes. However, once I clean their eyes, the eye itself looks fine - no redness, no swelling. Right now we're wiping EVERYONE's eyelids with antibacterial wipes (the ones we use for milking). A new wipie for each eye.

Is cleaning them 3 times a day going to take care of it? Or should I use some LA-200 in their eyes. If I DO use the LA-200, how many drops? How often? How long?

· Goat Crazy!
6,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it is a cold in the eye, use penG drops in the eye(no needle). 2 x a day for 7 days, should clear it right up.

If it is from dust or allergies, use benadryl.
Do you have dusty hay or??
Thank you, Pam. I don't think it's from dust. Should I treat all the does, or just the ones whose eyes are the worst?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.