Gorgeous Alpaca Fiber for Sale!!!

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Fibers' started by GCKRanch, Dec 15, 2014.

1. GCKRanch

GCKRanch New Member

May 27, 2014
    Fort Myers, FL
    For the love of all that is holy, please tell me there are some spinners out there. We have 8 alpacas who are sheared once a year, which means we have a plethora of hair. We're new to this whole fiber thing, and none of us know how to clean it, spin it, and whatever else comes with it. We also have 31 cashmere goats (most of whom are apparently preggers), but since we live in toasty South Florida, they tend to produce very little cashmere. Needless to say, we have raw fiber coming out of our ears and we can't seem to be able to get rid of the stuff. I would love to learn how to spin someday, but I just don't have the time right now. Is there anyone who would be interested in buying some of this luxurious raw fiber (it apparently blends well with cashmere and/or angora)?

Thanks!
    GCK Ranch

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

You could have it processed into roving. The other option is to join a co-op. Not sure if the New England alpaca co-op is still in existence.

3. kari1052

kari1052 Member

Dec 4, 2013
    upstate NY
    I spin, I spin!!!

4. rachee_rose

rachee_rose New Member

Dec 28, 2014
    I spin! I would love to try alpaca! How much do you want for some of it?

5. sassykat6181

sassykat6181 Katrina

Nov 28, 2012
    Anderson, SC
    Have you googled fiber arts or knitting stores around you? There are two close to me, but I'm in Massachusetts

6. ... actually being in the subtropics does not affect how much cashmere your goats produce. Its got a lot more to do with their genetics.