Got a breeding ? add new ? to this plz read1-24-09

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by tat2edlady, Jan 19, 2009.

1. tat2edlady

tat2edlady New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Lexington, NC
    Hi new to the board and kinda new to goats.I have had my 3 NDG'S for over a year now they are 15 mons old.I bought a nice billy IMHO.My ? is how do you tell if the billy has done the dirty deed with your goat.This is what happened the billy (steel) mounted my doe (keas) she let him mount and then kinda dropped her hips to the ground like squating to pee did he do it right? if she breed it will be the middle of June before she kids.

Any info will help me out as this is her frist time and mine too.

Mindy

new ? here linked to above ? Kess is trying to breed again the billy mounted her again she did the same thig as before so how do I figure the breed date.Today is 1-24-09 so that is 1 week after frist time

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Re: Got a breeding ?

First off, welcome! :wave: It's nice to have you here! I also raise Nigerian Dwarf goats. :)

It does sound like he "did the deed." A doe will kind of "hunch" after a successful breeding, sounds like she did just that.

3. tat2edlady

tat2edlady New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Lexington, NC

Cool I was not sure if I was going to be able to get it in to words. She still has a discharge I have a pic of her but not sure how to post on this board but will try

Her is herback side.
    [​IMG]

here is the billy
    [​IMG]

Hope it works..

Mindy

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

yah sometimes they will drain a little after a breeding -totaly normal.

You witnessned the breeding thats great! now you know when she is due (or with in a 145-155 day window at least :thumb: )

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

welcome :wave:

you will also find that the buck will wilt ..kinda fling his head back and upward in the air as he wilts and slides off of her....the doe will hunch up and then pee.

yes...if she is bred now and takes..then it will be June... when she kids...
    test her 18 days later up to her 24th day after her date with the buck...to be sure she doesn't come in season ...if she doesn't ...She should be preggo....if she is in season the buck can go for round 2 :)
    It is very normal ....for the discharge after the deed.... :wink:

6. tat2edlady

tat2edlady New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Lexington, NC

how do I test her ( day 18 to day 24 ) not sure I understand .

Mindy

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

By test they mean to take her to the buck or the buck to her. A typical cycle is 18-24 days. So if she starts flagging her tail and standing for him then you know that she didn't take for the first round.

8. tat2edlady

tat2edlady New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Lexington, NC

I have the billy in with them now and she was the only one to let him mount the other 2 does ran from him but now they will let him come close but nothing more..I can look out my window and watch what they are doing.I really just want to sit outside with them but it is to cold for me and they are calling for the first snow of the season here (2to4)inches...O joy

Mindy

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

LOL! We had 6 FEET the last two weeks in December!

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

when those does are in heat they will get over their shyness QUICKLY! I had a doe running scared from the buck on day and the next rubbing all over him flagging and peeing for him :roll:

11. tat2edlady

tat2edlady New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Lexington, NC

Ya I just saw My Shady Lady peeing for him and him lifting his lips after he had a smell it is to funny to watch.

Mindy

12. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

Watch out for the "5 day heat"...we have a thread on here somewhere...she may come back in heat in 5 days. You'd want to breed her again and adjust your "birthing date". Have you been present at any other births? (like dogs, etc)? When I was a newbie, I freaked out a little and decided I needed an experienced doe to kid first, you know, give me a little experience first...so I bought an older doe...already bred...should have been the first to kid...and then 3 of my "maidens" kidded first! I didn't realize, at the time, that it was actually the "addiction" taking over! LOL

13. tat2edlady

tat2edlady New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Lexington, NC

I have had cats and dogs give birth but never been around goats that are I am trying to find someone close to me that can help me when the time is right.

Mindy

14. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

When you run the buck with the does you won't always know the due date. So if you happen to see him showing a lot of interest in a doe or breeding one, mark your calendar. I don't pen breed my does since I have more than one buck and I am specific who breeds who. Easier to keep up with and easier to know when to expect babies.

Definitely sounds like he did the deed with that doe. What lines are your does out of?

15. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

I agerr you will be having babys. :clap: Now we know you will be hooked.

To get the due date, here is a link to help you. Just put the date you saw him breed her and it will do the rest for you.
    http://fiascofarm.com/goats/duedate.htm

16. tat2edlady

tat2edlady New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Lexington, NC

Well being new to goats not sure about the does line I am waiting on that info from AGA but I do have the billys lines got them to day from Janet.As for the first part I am hoping to have them all breed this month but that is up to them... I keep looking out the windows like I'm a peeping tom.He has calmed the girls down a lot they really do not yell for me as much as they did before he came home.

Mindy

17. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Sthil was nice looking when I saw him months ago at Janet's. I don't recall who his dam was offhand. Hopefully he can improve your does. And he is blue-eyed so that's always a plus.

18. tat2edlady

tat2edlady New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Lexington, NC

He is such a gent when he got here and has already done 1 of my does (my crazy doe) I am kinda worryed about it because she will not let you touch her and I am starting to think that my other 2 girls are not going to give me any hint of when they go in to heat..so I just have to wait and see what they look like next month.I was thinking about every week about going out and taking pics of them just to compare to the week before.

Mindy

19. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007

I didn't read all the replies...
    Make sure you mark this breeding on the calendar so you can keep track of the due date and when her next heat cycle should be. :greengrin: