got a heat Ques.

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by AlaskaBoers, Sep 27, 2009.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    so, I brought the buck into the does pen to see if any of them had come into heat. ruby and rose were crazy over the buck- rubbing and doing that odd position trying to pee on their face :roll: buck wasnt interested. no flagging, no discharge just rubbing all over him nibbling on his face- which he got annoyed with fairly quickly.

should I consider them pregnant? They were with the buck during their last cycle, and am thinking this is just a 'fake' heat??

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    well... if there is nothing wrong with the buck....and he has no interest.....in which... if the does are in season ...believe me ....he would definitly respond ....what day of heat cyle... after last breeding are you testing on?
    If your buck was interested before ....when he first bred them ....he should respond in the same manner.....this time.... :wink: :greengrin:

I have a doe... that likes to rub on the buck as well .....but she is definilty out of season...and possibly preggo.... :wink: :greengrin:

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    well last time he was in with them, I dont think he even ate, he acted like a buck! I'm thinking that the girls just think theyre in heat, but are pregnant because I dont see any flagging or discharge etc. last cycle they all had heavy white discharge and were yelling, mounting etc. and now there is none.

i'm calling this case closed. lol :wink:

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I have 2 does that do the odd twisty belly scrunchy thing their entire pregnancy....must be the hormones!

Yep....I'd say we'll be seeing baby bellies before too long!

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    cool. thanks pam and liz.

Those goats! they keep me guessing, at one time today 3 of them were doing that twisty thing at once. :roll:

we need a name for that twisty scrunchy thingy lol

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Yes we do! It's really funny when my girls do it..... they are short and when they do it the big baby bellies barelt clear the ground!

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome Katrina.... :wink:
    LOL....I know....they can be a bit strange at times.... :roll: