The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my future Alpine-Stars.

Bigger guy is 2 months, smaller guy is 1 month. He has a bit of diarrhea - trying some plain yogurt in his milk and will pick up some Albon. I am making a gradual change from goat to raw cow's milk as well, so the upset could be anything.

[attachment=1:2x0sxeww]_04U9219-500.jpg[/attachment:2x0sxeww]

They have been kept in a flat little pen until now, nothing to climb on - the big tire filled w/ straw is a challenge for them. They are a bit remedial! They did well on a little walk around the yard today, though.

These are the first kids I've let myself get attached to. Boy, that was fast.

[attachment=0:2x0sxeww]_04U9242-Edit-501.jpg[/attachment:2x0sxeww]

(Next year I should try wearing more makeup and less duct tape :lol: )

Thanks for looking!

- Michelle

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great looking kids Gitzo! They're a hoot. Sorry to hear about the digestive issues. A lot of us have had great luck with the whole milk formula posted by Carolyn (whole cow's milk with canned milk and buttermilk--I think).

Have fun! JD

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! :D They really are a barrel of fun.

Ali, they are American Alpines. Neat colors compared to the rest of our goaty herd.

The little guy's diarrhea is gone now, I think the yogurt did the trick.

Little Brother trying a water puddle crossing on a walkabout :mrgreen: There are two deadly inches of water in the grass. :lol:

[attachment=1:18yag751]_MG_9621-500.jpg[/attachment:18yag751]

Big Brother pondering a jumpover.

[attachment=0:18yag751]_MG_9702-500.jpg[/attachment:18yag751]

Too much fun!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.