Got my new buck Phoenix Rising Dream Catcher.

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by WalnutGroveFarm, Mar 7, 2011.

1. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Well Dream Catcher shipped in this past Friday. I was so nervous about the shipping thing cause I hadnt never done it before, but it was a piece of cake on my end. I think Ashley probably had more work on her end then mine. But it all worked out great and Ashley is awesome to work with. Here are a couple quick pics of him when he first got here on Friday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He is the sweetest thing, so very friendly, and fit right in. Im so glad that I got him and cant wait to use him this next fall. Thanks so much Ashley.

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    He is so handsome! Congrats!! I really like his markings too...very unique. :D

3. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Thanks KW he is handsome. I have a list of people I would like to ship goats in from, you included. Wish I had a money tree that would be awesome. lol

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Glad you like him!!!!

It wasn't too much work on my end. I was the one who REALLY didn't want the scrapie tag in his ear, so that made more work on my end for myself, so don't you worry about it. And American Airlines just hadn't shipped goats out of Bradley before, but once they called their supervisor and found out they did then they were nice as could be. :)

I have to say I'm a fan of his markings as well. :) When he came out I kept looking at him wondering what color her was! :D

5. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    I love him he is the greatest. Im glad you didnt want the scrapie tag cause I didnt either but I wanted him to be able to come here. I didnt want to cause you to much running around either. But Im glad it worked out so well.

His markings are gorgeous and I love that big spot on him. My mother-in-law is the one who took me to the airport cause I hadnt ever been there and she had. She thinks he looks like a little deer, she thought he was so cute.

6. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Awww he's so cute! Congrats on your new addition!

7. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

He is gorgeous!!! :drool: Who is he out of?

8. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

May I ask about how much the shipping itself came too?

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Wow...he is gorgeous....congrats.... :hi5: :thumb:

10. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I would like to know more about this too, in addition to what it cost. What have to be done to avoid a scrapie tag? I would love to know if that could be done here.

Jan

11. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Also, the bucking looks fantastic!

Jan

12. Mon Reve Farm

Mon Reve Farm New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Southern DE
    Congratulations!! He is very handsome!

13. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    The shipping was through American Airlines it was just a little over $200 dollars to ship him. Health Certificate $35 but depending on vet, and crate cost. I live in Ohio so no additional test had to be done on him to ship him in. But some states do require additional testing for TB and stuff. My knowledge with the scrapies tag is as long as they are tattooed they dont have to have a scrapie's tag to come into Ohio. I dont know for other states.

His mom is NC Promiseland Dreamer and dad is Irish Whisper Puff daddy. Thanks everyone I love him like crazy.

14. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Congrats!!! Oh, he is beautiful. Love him! :love: :drool: He should give you some lovely kids!

I would love to see his face. :greengrin: My Yippy Skippy doe also reminds me of a little deer with her delicate face.

Have you seen your new boy's grandsire's page yet. There are nice pics of the goats and udders behind him on there. http://www.mnnigeriandwarf.com/yippy%20skippy.htm

Another congrats!!!
    Tracy

15. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    @Dunfactor thanks for giving me that link. I hadnt seen that yet. I still need to set him up a page on my website. I will try to get better pics of him soon. We have just been so busy around here.

16. What a beautiful boy! I think I might be jealous. Ha ha. Good luck with him!

17. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Awwww he is so cute! Ashley always has the prettiest kids with beautiful markings, must be a secret feed she gives her does....lol!

So glad to hear the shipping went smoothly, as I have been thinking about the same thing at some point.