Got some new girls today!

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by ProctorHillFarm, May 24, 2009.

1. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

A local breeder was having to disperse all of her herd- so we scooped up a few does.
    They were in desperate need of some TLC- but after some clipping, elbow grease, hoof trims, and throwing the works at them, here they are! (oh and they are all wild as heck!)

Piddlin Acres BZ WillowBark
    [​IMG]

Piddlin Acres KR Rain Dancer
    [​IMG]

Wandering Ivy Sonnet (a Caesars Villa CBS Cattle Man X Gay Mors Poetry in Motion 4*S daughter!)
    [​IMG]
    also the most uncooperative- but not a bad shot considering she was literaly jumping ALL over the place to get away from me :roll:

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    You got more does?! :shocked: I'm trying to downsize. :ROFL: :help:

They look good all shaved up. :thumb: Once they learn where the food and treats come from I'm sure they will settle down for you.

By the way, how's the knee doing?

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Gorgeous! Congrats on such wonderful looking girls....and yep, what Ashley said, they'll come around in no time!

4. ProctorHillFarm

ugh- my knee is actually really pretty good right now- its amazing there is as much damage as there is.
    I know- we are crazy- Im going to be layed up for the next two months and we are still buying goats. :help: :hammer:

How was the show Ashley????

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    My experience with my knee was that it didn't hurt at all when I actually hurt it. Then it hurt more and more as time went by until I needed surgery to stop the pain. I'm glad to hear your's isn't hurting too bad. :hug:

I didn't end up going to the show. I had too much stuff to do around here with moving at the end of the month. :GAAH:

6. ProctorHillFarm

Oh rats! I hope they made sanction- do you know? We were going to go, but then we heard they made sanction with you and Bonnie, so we backed out- it would have been a lonnnnng haul and I dont think Aiden would have behaved for that one, we would have went if it was going to help but..... :GAAH:

7. ProctorHillFarm

By the way- I just had to laugh- you can literally SEE how swollen my knee is in the pictures- its my right knee- so the knee on your left looking at the screen. :shocked:

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Joanne told me they made sanction without me, so I didn't need to come if I was busy. Otherwise I would have gone.

9. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congrats! I like your two Piddlin Acres does a lot. They should do well for you. I've been clip-happy here doing almost everyone. Next will be photos! I can't wait to get new pictures of everyone. Some of them still have baby photos or junior photos on my website! Yikes! LOL

10. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Pretty! I like Wandering Ivy Sonnet's coloring. :drool:

11. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Congrats!!! They are gorgeous!!! Glad the knee isn't causing you a great deal of Pain.

Jennah

12. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congrats on the additions-sharp girls! Take it easy, when you can.

13. ProctorHillFarm

Funny story- I had emailed the pictures of the girls all cleaned up to the woman we got them from (she was going through some serious life issues and was upset about how they had sort of been let go) and she was so excited about them, she called me back the next day and offered us two more does and a buck....:hammer:

So meet Piddlin Acres BZ Ichiro *S
    [​IMG]

and Wandering Ivy CM Velvet
    [​IMG]

No picture of the third doe- but she is black and white with blue eyes. And she actually had a home, and she called the home and said that her daughter wanted my step son to have her. She had followed him everywhere the day before, and this doe was very special to them and felt that she "picked" him. :love:

:help: .... :slapfloor:

14. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Its a good thing I will be there Sunday to pick up the boys.. You are definetly gonna need some room! :wink:

They are all lovely.. you must be excited!!

Jennah

15. ProctorHillFarm

you want any does too? Bring some extra crates :ROFL:

16. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Thank Goodness our pickup is only so big..... :wink:

Will I get to see all these lovely ladies?!

Jennah

17. ProctorHillFarm

:slapfloor: Yep they are all here

18. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Very nice additions! Remember to rest your knee!

The doeling I am hoping to get in a few months is coming from a dam that looks similar to Willow!

19. ProctorHillFarm

phooey- i am free until next friday when I get surgery, then Ill be on lockdown, so for now, Im doing as much as possible :ROFL:

20. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Can't blame ya there! When I had the surgery on my feet( 1 at a time) I had soooo much DONE before hand so that when I had to be down I knew that all would be ok.