Got the appointment set!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Lawanda, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Hope is going back to her previous owner's place on August 1st to stay with a buck for a few weeks :clap:

I am SOOOO excited!! :leap:

She threw twins the first time :) She did not have much milk the first time, but I am hoping hoping hoping she will do better this time. :) I don't even care if it is a little milk, a little will be enough for me. I am nervous I will do something wrong with the milking anyway! :worried:

So, I just had to share my excitement with people who understand!!! :wahoo:

2. I am so happy for you. Congrats and keep us posted!

Have fun! :leap: :stars:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats that is so cool.... :leap: :wahoo:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well, I truly hope that she has a wonderful time :greengrin:

As far as milking goes, you have LOTS of time to read over our Dairy Diaries and ask any questions with regards to milking.

Looks like she'll be giving you kiddo's in January......which is ok, around here February is the coldest month of the winter.

5. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    I am so excited over this, most people just laugh at me for being so excited over a goat getting bred! LOL

It will be stinking cold in January! haha The reason we are doing it then is because apparently you have to have January babies for 4H projects. Will I have to get a heater or something for the pen?? I have been reading this whole forum all the time. I have even been dreaming about the people on here! Weird, sorry! :oops:

I am sooo excited for January, but Eeeeek! Not sure I will be ready!! :greengrin:

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My kids are normally born in mid February...the most I have done "artificial heat wise" is put puppy sweaters on them after I dry them thoroughly within an hour of birth. I had kids born in the single digits and never used a heat lamp, my barn is fully enclosed and the kidding stalls draft free, so some extra insurance to get things ready for a January birth would do you good now. You have plenty of time to get things ready :greengrin:

Knowing a for sure due date is a great deal in ensuring that you are available when mom delivers....the drier you get them the less chance they'll get a chill.