Gracie Lou is in Labor(had babies)

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by sweetgoats, Apr 1, 2009.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I heard a goat screaming this morning but every time I looked out no one was doing anything so I went out and thought it must be mom's and babied that I am weaning yelling for each other. I told my daughter when she went to let the horses out to check Gracie and see what she thought, well she had a discharged.
    I get her stall all ready but she is outside right now. I started to rub the under part of her stomach and when I stopped she would get mad. She is getting really close. I hope she goes soon I have to get to work. Boss is not real happy with me right now. :shrug: OH well, my babies come first.
    I will let you all know how it goes. Of course a storm is coming in and I left the camera at work. :doh:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Gracie Lou is in Labor

keep us posted -- storm babies, what fun

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Good luck! Hope you have some babies soon!!!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

babies on the way...... :love:

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

any news??

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Yep, sorry. We had babies right after I posted this. She had two bucks. I helped the first one just a bit to get its head out and from then on it was fine. He was a little raspy and had a lot Flem in him, but I held him by the back legs and swung him and then used that sucker to get it out. Shortly after that she decided to have another one. This one was a little twisted and a front leg was back, but I help just barely pull it and we had another boy. I let mom take care of them while I finished getting the stall ready for her. Lucky it was a beautiful day when she delivered, but by the time it was all over it started to get pretty cold. I am a little concerned about the size of her bag. It is very little and they are always nursing. I tried to give mom molasses water and any other water she would drink to help hopefully fill her up. So I headed to work and boy did the storm him. Snowed for a couple hours then it went away.

My daughter came home to see the new babies, she called and said well Anna Belle had hers also. Another boy. They are all so cute and I am glad that they are boys becuase there is no way I can keep anymore girls. I will do another post from Anna Belle later. I left the camera at work again. :angry:

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Re: Gracie Lou is in Labor (twins)

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Glad all went well, and it was good that you were there for Gracie Lou! I love her name BTW!

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Congrats on the three kiddos! :leap:

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Alright..........congrats.... :leap: :greengrin:

11. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

Congrats on the three!

12. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA

Congrats, but wh did you name a goat after the dog in my avatar? :shrug:

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Well, because she is so darn cute. :ROFL:

14. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Congratulations on the kids!!

15. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
  16. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Congrats again on healthy births! Wow, your goats do like to have storm kids! Please don't let them near my girls (I don't want them giving my girls any ideas :) )

I don't want storm babies and, as you know, my doe is due Saturday and we're supposed to be getting a big storm that day!

17. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Cinder, if there is any way at all possible to meet you I could loan you my Barn Camera for the storm days. Now that I am totally done and I bought that barn camera, I never was able to use it this year. All the does either had them outside, or I did not realize they were that close and I had it on another doe. :hair:

I will be home tonight, but no one will be home tomorrow at all, (me working and hubby and daughter doing college things). Let see what we can do to get it to you so you will not have to go to the barn in the Blizzard that we are expecting. They said today on the news that it is going to b as bad if not worse then the 2003 blizzard. :clap: :leap: I LOVE those storms as long as everyone is inside and safe. Give me a call.