Gracie,Sahara,Hope Due March & May

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by JessaLynn, Feb 11, 2011.

1. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    So I know it's somewhat early to start counting down but to excited not to.
    Gracie is our Nubian doe with moonspots (my favorite doe and one of the first goats I started out with) she is bred to an Alpine buck and due March 27th

Next is Sahara our first purebred French Alpine doe that's bred and due March 26th (Buck bred to was not registered, long story but I have no way of retreiving his information)

Last is the newest gal to our herd Hope American Alpine who is from great lines and bred to a high quality buck! I'm super excited to get either a doe or buck or both!! I want a buck from her to make our new herd sire! She is due May1st
    All my does are registered and 2 have beautiful udders and are decent milkers.Hope is a first freshner so excited to see how her udder is
    I have our vet coming out in the morning to ultrasound them all 3 to make sure we have confirmed pregnancy and how many! :pray: I know for sure Sahara is for sure bred.Gracie looks smaller this time around but maybe cus it's a single.She has always thrown twin boys. Hope is not showing but has not come back into heat that I'm aware of.She got hit really hard by Sahara so I pray she didn't miscarry :( SO PRAYEN! We are looking into getting a 4th Alpine doe soon but I have to wait till she freshens to get her.Waiting is soooo hard! :kidred: :kidred: :kidred: :kidred: :kidblue:

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    How exciting it is. Good luck, I bet they will be beautiful.

I thought I was reading about my goats for a bit, I have a Gracie and a Hope.

3. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I named the one Hope because I got her 3 days before Christmas and she is my hope to a new brighter beginning to my herd.I am focused to breed better stronger kids that have awesome udders and teat size for ease of milking as well as producing lots of milk.Also variety of color and good confirmation!
    Gracie is a dantie petite nubian that is the sweetest thing.When I talk to her she stretches her neck at me and gives me kisses.I just love her.She's a great mom and has adopted other does kids and doesn't mind it a bit.I couldn't ask for a better goat and if I could have a million goats like her I would!!!

4. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    YES! All 3 are confirmed bred!! :leap: :clap: :cool:
    Vet couldn't tell how many Gracie and Sahara had in there but Hope has atleast 3!!!!!!!!!!!!! More then I thought woot woot!!!!!!!!! :leap: :love: So excited!!!!!!!!

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    A big congrats..... :leap: :cool: :thumb: :hi5:

6. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Thank you :) Now I'm just to excited.Can't wait to see baby goats and to have milk again.I can't take this! I haven't been able to make soap,fudge or cheese and it's killing me!!!!!! I like to stay busy specialy with my goats.Sahara is getting really wide and hoping there is twins and not just one big baby!

7. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    They have another month to go and my goodness..look how big they are!!
    Sahara is pictured at the bottom and I swear there are twins or more in there!!
    Gracie isn't as big as she was last year it doesn't seem and she normly throws twins so don't know.

Attached Files:

8. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Sahara has been having contractions this morning yipppppeee!! She is swollen and just been laying down most the day.Doesn't seem like her udder and teats are to full of milk.Getting alittle worried because I don't have colostrum on hand but I do have goats milk just in case her milk hasn't come in.Her udder is somewhat bigger from a few days ago so maybe she will wait till the last minute I'm hoping anyhow. So here's prayen for a smooth kidding.I'm really guessing she wont kid till late tonight or tomorrow even.

9. jglfainters

jglfainters New Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Nevada
    How exciting! I hope kidding goes smoothly and I'm looking forward to pictures!

10. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Still no kids.I do believe she lost her mucus plug as she had the clear goo stuck on her.She may have been just positioning the kids to the birth canal yesterday.She had me up all night waiting cus she kept getting up and down and pawing at the ground. :GAAH: This is the part I hate.

11. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Oh Yipee!! kids soon.... hope everything goes well! Happy kidding!

12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Babies soon........ :hug: :hi5:

13. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I'm not going another sleepless night! She hasn't changed much so I'm not gonna worry about it.Watch she is gonna have them kids now that I'm not anticipating them tonight.I most likely will check my moniter atleast once during the night.Sahara and Gracie are both at 145days right now so it's gonna be soon.I just hope they go during the day when the weather is alittle warmer.