The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting my doe bred this weekend, how do you flush a doe ? Do you recommend doing this? She get a half a cup of grain every day , should I give her like 3/4 a cup or more. She had triplets last year and I didn’t flush her , so maybe I don’t need to flush her . What other benefits are there for flushing your doe? What else should I do before breeding her? I’m going to giver her herbal dewormer and I already trimmed her hooves, she gets all the minerals she wants, what else do you recommend before breeding? Any tips will be helpful

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And how many of you feed them raspberries leaves? Do they really help them kid easier? If you recommend raspberry leaves where do you buy them and how much do you give them and how many months before kidding do you start giving it to them

·
Fair-Haven
4,923 Posts
If your doe had triplets without flushing, she is in the same body condition and is not deficient in minerals, I would not see a benefit. I do give my does and buck a Bo-Se shot one month before breeding because we are in a highly deficient area for selenium, also one month prior to kidding.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If your doe had triplets without flushing, she is in the same body condition and is not deficient in minerals, I would not see a benefit. I do give my does and buck a Bo-Se shot one month before breeding because we are in a highly deficient area for selenium, also one month prior to kidding.
Okay thanks, I think I’ll skip flushing her, she was actually more mineral deficient last time because I didn’t know goats need minerals but I know better now so I got minerals and I copper bolus her so she in better shape this year.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
There can be a few benefits aside from getting more kids, it can increase her odds of having a successful breeding and set her up for a good next couple months. Ive always noticed a difference in the does who were flushed verses ones who were not.
What we have done is buy a higher protein grain and within the week increase it gradually, by the time she breeds she should be getting a cup and then decrease it again over the next week

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There can be a few benefits aside from getting more kids, it can increase her odds of having a successful breeding and set her up for a good next couple months. Ive always noticed a difference in the does who were flushed verses ones who were not.
What we have done is buy a higher protein grain and within the week increase it gradually, by the time she breeds she should be getting a cup and then decrease it again over the next week
Thanks

·
Administrator
85,596 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks that was very helpful

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.