The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine are soon going to be traveling, four are april or later kids, and two are yearling or feb kid, soon we will be traveling cross country, 5-6 days most likely, hay will be main diet but would like a treat grain feeding for eves on tie outs.

Right now I am planning on rolled oats, barley, flax seed,black sunflower seed, kelp if I can find it, our hay here is selenium shy, half are wethers so the alfalfa will be limited in the hay. In the water I will be adding some apple cider vinegar, any other suggestions for the water?

I am mainly interested in grain rations, will have to bring a couple big bags of it . Will probably mix about 50 lbs of a very sweet mix to the several hundred pounds of the ration.Suggestions appreciated . Its a long trip, MI to WA.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I probably would feed Purina noble goat, it is suppose to be balanced and takes the guess work out. You can buy it at a purina dealer or tractor supply. I would not feed grain because of my horse background. To much grain is a bad thing, maybe not for goats.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More of a treat when they are tied out twice a day while the trailer is tidyed up. All are from a year under. And getting some grain now. I'll check out the Purina brand, its available almost everywhere.

Thanks Tim.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts