The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been quite some time since I logged in. I think I became a member in 2012 or there about.

I hoarded every morsel of advice I could find on here and anywhere else I could find it. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've used info from The Goat Spot with my goats.

I am very proud of my little herd and extremely pleased with the results of my quantity & quality breeding results.

Have new babies due the 1st week of March...can't wait!

It's good to be back!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a questions for you . I saw goats that’s been put up on the side of the mountain. I’ve asked the person who seem to be the owner . He said they were put up there to prevent fires. The goats also have two guard dog with them . I am merely concerned about the weather . They been there for 4 days . They seem to move them around the mountained . The weather here is chilly and tonight will be raining . Weather temp will be 54 and there is a flash flood warning . I am so worried about the goats and the dogs

Attachments

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a questions for you . I saw goats that's been put up on the side of the mountain. I've asked the person who seem to be the owner . He said they were put up there to prevent fires. The goats also have two guard dog with them . I am merely concerned about the weather . They been there for 4 days . They seem to move them around the mountained . The weather here is chilly and tonight will be raining . Weather temp will be 54 and there is a flash flood warning . I am so worried about the goats and the dogs

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure how to answer your question. Goats are both smart and hardy, so are their guard dogs. 54 isn't too cool for goats, and they'll most likely move to the lee side of the hill for protection from the heaviest of the rain. That appears to be a really healthy herd. It would be better if they had even a goat pavilion to get under.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not sure how to answer your question. Goats are both smart and hardy, so are their guard dogs. 54 isn't too cool for goats, and they'll most likely move to the lee side of the hill for protection from the heaviest of the rain. That appears to be a really healthy herd. It would be better if they had even a goat pavilion to get under.
Well here is the weather . They are in a diff side of the mountain right now . I am merely more concerned of the small ones as I have seen small goats I've asked one of the employee he said he is about 1 years old some say it look like they are 6 months old . I'll see if I have pictures and will send . I will also send the current location where they are now . That first picture I've sent you is the first day they were put up .

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also they don’t have anything to protect them from the rain . Basically just worried about the weather and there is a flash flood warning . It will be all raining in few minutes till tomorrow . Aghhhh I hope they will be okay . There are trees and bush where they at now . I’ll see if I can find pictures to upload .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts