Grass Fed Cattle Minerals

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by odieclark, Jan 5, 2017.

1. odieclark

odieclark Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Can anyone share what type of minerals they offer their Beef Cattle? It may be the same or similar to dairy cattle, but I don't know if that is the case?

The farm here has just over a dozen Beef cattle. Some of them are old enough that they had a calve this last spring. :snowlaugh::snowlaugh: They are all grass fed, and mainly organic fed, though not certified or anything yet/or maybe eventually...

Anyhow, looking at some mineral changes and additions for them.

We found one that seems pretty good, but wondered if anyone has input or uses one like this? It seems to be made in the midwest/Wisconsin, or at least a midwest product as it is labeled from a place in Wisconsin. Bio Ag is the company name.

I will post a photo of the label, when I can, and perhaps that will be helpful.

The sales person was of course very high on it, but of course! Also, mentioned it could be good for our goats! :ram: OUR GOATS? What????:ponder:
  2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Cargill Right Now minerals are good. There are different types so you can buy the one that fits your farm.

3. odieclark

odieclark Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2016
    This is the label off of the bag that the sales guy had.

Any thoughts, positive or negative? I don't understand why he would say this is a mineral that the goats would also like?

Attached Files:

4. Summersun

Summersun Active Member

Apr 24, 2014
    New Mexico
    Alot of people feed cattle minerals to their goats as its easier to find high copper levels in cattle minerals.