The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have posted before and I have gotten some great responses but Stewys ears seem to getting worse, at least the color is more greenish. It don't smell though. What can I do? I just lost my job Friday and cant afford a vet right now. Any suggestions? Stewey is a La Mancha

Thanks guys!!:whatgoat:

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
try Penicillin...2 times a day for 5 days...1 cc per 20# Sub Q...be sure to pull the plunger back before you inject..if you see blood..re adjust and try again..no blood means good to go...
Sometimes the infection is mild and no smell is present..but the fact its getting worse and green is good cause to put him on antibiotics..just in case...

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
dimethox is treatment for cocci...

Give Penicillin, 2 times a day for 5 days...1 cc per 20# Sub Q...be sure to pull the plunger back before you inject..if you see blood..re adjust and try again..no blood means good to go...

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
No, neomycin is for gut related bacteria like E coli....you will need to use Penicillin or Tylan 200 both are Sub Q

Pen is 1 cc per 20# twice daily for 5 days
Tylan 200 is 1 cc per 25# twice daily for 5 days

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK hubby just came in and told me steweys ears are bad meaning when you like rub them they feel "gushy" like there is fluid in them. And the crusty stuff is like almost neon green! He acts fine but should I give him some LA-200? Thats all I got and if so I really don't wanna give him a shot!!!

Thanks, Misty

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
Some lamanchas are just waxy...theres no getting around it...I would massage the ear well and work it all out cleaning it as you go...do this several times a day...my feelings is, if he is not running a temp, there is no order coming from the ear then I would just keep it clean...and watch it..if it does seem infected...then Penicillin is a better choice then La 200...and it doesnt sting : )

1 cc per 20# Sub Q..pull back the plunger before you inject...if you see blood re adjust and try again...no blood means good to go...

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
Thats a good idea Goathiker...Ill need to remember that with my waxy girls!! lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts