Greetings from Idaho

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by goatmama, Mar 28, 2010.

1. goatmama

goatmama New Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I am fairly new at goat tending. I've always had horses, cows, pigs and chickens, but this is a first with goats. I've had my goats for two years now, but this is my first kidding season. I have three does that I had bred, however, I think only one settled. We are getting close to kidding dates and two of them are showing no signs. Lily has never been bred before, she is due April 2nd and she just is not bagging up. I can't feel any movement in her belly. Domino is the same way and her due date is April 9th. Now Dixie, she is another story. There is no question that she took. This is her second kidding. Her first kidding she had quads and she looks like that could be the case this time. She's huge. Her vulva is open and has been for about two weeks. She has been loosing her plug, but not a lot. I can see that her belly is beginning to drop and her ligaments are getting loose. I'm very excited, but nervous. I've been reading stories from several of you and it's been very helpful to me. Thanks so much for this site.

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Hi and Welcome to TGS! :wave:

Good luck with your kidding! You will need to post some picture for us. ;)

3. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Hey fellow idahodean;-), welcome and best of luck with your herd.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  5. goatmama

goatmama New Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Thank you! It is nice to have a place to talk goats. I love my little buddies. I just purchased a blue-eyed buckling. He's beautiful and I can hardly wait to get him home. The doe that is due to kid was bred to his father, so I'm hoping for some blue eyes from her. We'll see. I was reading about tattooing and just ordered the 5/16" kit from Hoegger. I goofed up and bought the 3/8" kit, but from what I've been reading, it may be too large for little ears.

6. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio
    Hello and welcome from NE Ohio!! :wave:

7. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    WELCOME TO THE GROUP! :wave: I'd love to see preggy pictures! :) Those preggy bellies are almost as cute as those new babies..... well almost! LOL

8. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Welcome from eastern Ohio! :wave:

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

some use the larger ones because they are more visible later on as the goat matures.

but you can see if you can return them and get the smaller size

10. goatmama

goatmama New Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I thought I would call Hoegger and inquire about returning the first tattoo kit that I bought, if not, maybe I can sell them on Ebay.

Someone asked for pictures of my pregnant doe. I will try to get some pictures posted in the next couple of days. You can also visit my website at clearwatercaprines.com. I have a few pictures out there. :whatgoat: :whatgoat:

11. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Have fun here and welcome aboard! :wave:

12. Chi Chi

Chi Chi New Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Welcome. I am new to goats as well. My little girl might be due in June. Please let me know how your experience with kidding went.

13. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Welcome from New Mexico!

Jan

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Hello from North Idaho!!! If you need anything, and are close, ou are more then welcome to call me or email me..... Off to look at your site!!

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome....... glad you are here.... :wave: :greengrin: