Greetings from Paso Robles, CA!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by deJardine, Feb 27, 2010.

1. deJardine

deJardine New Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Paso Robles, CA
    Hi there! :leap: I figured that I should take a moment to introduce myself - and my goaties! My name is Rachelle Tarango and I live in Paso Robles, CA (which is on the Central Coast - halfway between L.A. and San Fran). I am really thrilled to find such a wonderful forum and really looking forward to learning all I can about goat husbandry and being a good/better goat mom. My husband and I own a small farm with goats, chickens, a few dogs and a barn full of show rabbits. I also own my own soap/beauty company called "de Jardine Beauty Co."

I currently have a small herd of Nubians - 4 does (2 reg) and 1 buck (unreg). I am currently anticipating the arrival of two new registered Nubain does who are bred (yay!!) and I am hoping for a nice buck...

I look forward to chatting with you all and getting to know you. Thanks so much for having me!

~ xoxo, Rachelle
    www.KingoftheFancy.com (rabbitry website)

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    rachelle! i'msohappy to have a bunny friend on the goat forum :) lol someone to relate with!! Didn't know you have a soap company tho.. you gonna make some goat milk soaps ??

3. deJardine

deJardine New Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Paso Robles, CA

I know - huh!! I am happy too!! :) It is such a small world. Actually I got my first Nubians two years ago. I thought it would be more cost effective to have my own milk source than to pay $8-10 per gallon!! I love soaping with GM. If you want, I will send you some soap to try! :) We just love it. I am also making lotions, mineral makeup, healing balms, bath bombs and a few other goodies. Hoping to start selling it at bunny shows!

:) Is it raining where you live?? My goats hate the rain. Lol. They are all huddled in the shelter right now - along with the LGD... lol.

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i've been trying to make soap foreverm just can't get it right :/ so now i've got 5 or 6 jugs of lye in my garage. going to try again this year again. hoping i get it right. and bunny show people would suck that stuff up! and its been steadily pouring down here too :( i got to milk 3 does in the raingotta take tan pictures today too for a DR article

5. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Hi Rachelle,

Welcome to the group! I'm in CA too. :) :wave:

6. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
  7. Native87

Native87 New Member

Welcome from Southwest Virginia. :)

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome ....welcome ...from Northern California.... :greengrin: :welcome:

10. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
  11. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Welcome from eastern Ohio! :wave:

12. CottonwoodCroft

CottonwoodCroft Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Inyokern, CA
    Welcome from Southern California! :wave:

13. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Welcome from the Spud state...Hey if you are in need of some little eared goats I have a few I can send your way.....Hey Cottonwood, do you have a website? Just wanted to see your mini horses. We just got back into horses this last year.

14. CottonwoodCroft

CottonwoodCroft Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Inyokern, CA
    Nope don't have a website yet. But I posted a bunch of pics in the other pets section for you.