Greetings from Southern Oregon!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by KifSpots, Jul 13, 2010.

1. KifSpots

KifSpots New Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Jacksonville, Oregon
    Hi everyone! I figured since my questions were immediately answered regarding my baby, I ought to properly introduce myself!

My name is Michelle and I live in Southern Oregon. Our family consits of my mom, our animals and me. My mom is a retired vet assistant specializing in exotic animals, dogs and cats. I'm a 22 year old artist/writer and live-in care provider.

First, I'll introduce you to my goats! We already know little Zapper, but for those who don't know, he's half Nubian, 1/4 Boer, and 1/4 Arapawa. He's currently 60 hours old.
    [​IMG]

Here's his father, Kif. Kiffy is a purebred Nubian with beautiful moonspots. I've had him since he was 2 months old. He was given to me by my mom's nurse. He's a year and a half now and I absolutely LOVE him. He's one of the sweetest bucks I've ever met.
    [​IMG]

Amy is his mate and she's an Arapawa/Boer cross. I'll snag a pic of her tomorrow.

Lastly, we have Shaena, my first goat. She's a purebred Saanen. I got her when she was 2 weeks old and bottle raised her. She's now 4 years old. She's just massive and her horns are equally as huge. She's very gentle with them and never tries to use them in an aggressive way.
    [​IMG]

My other animals included a miniature horse named Jemima. She's a beautifully correct varnish roan. I can toss a pic up of her at request. She's super smart and gentle and she just loves her goats.

I also have a cat named Fry, who stays in the house and keeps Zapp company.
    When Zapp plays outside, he hangs out with my rabbit, Willow.

Lastly, I own 2 [licensed] high-content wolfdogs named Sitka and Tsume. I am a legitimate breeder of these wonderful and grossly misunderstood animals. Our mama wolf, Sitka, fell in love with Zapp and only wants to nurse him with her cubs! She has NO interest in eating him or my other goats!

Our big Arctic/Timber male, Tsume, loves playing with the mini horse and whining at the goats. Kiffy enjoys leaning against the kennel and even sleeping near Tsume on a hot day. Please, any stories or rumors you hear about wolves and wolfdogs, take it with a grain of salt. They are truly wonderful animals that can be transformed into vicious hollywood beasts by people's overactive imaginations.

I can also upload pics of the wolves at request. More goat pics to come, though!

I hope to have a nice long stay here and learn as much about goats as I can (and maybe teach a few about the wonderous wolfdog).

Have a great day, everyone!

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Welcome to TGS!!! Beautiful goaties! I love the spots on that kid! That is really neat you raise wolfdogs. So you raise pure wolves or what breed are they crossed with? I think wolves and wolf hybrids are gorgeous.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome from North Idaho - I would love to see a pic of the dogs!

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    your goats are beautiful, I'd love to see the wolves also ;)

5. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Heck, I'd love to see pics of everybody! I love your moonspots! :shades:

My first dog was a wolfhybrid. Bruno. He was so smart and lived to 16. He would "talk" to me when I was growing up. He wouldn't let me out of the yard either. He was great. It's the owner who shapes the animal into a monster. Look at all the wonderful pitt bulls out there. They can't help who they end up with. They just try to do what is asked of them (even if it's bad) to please an ungrateful master.

Welcome to TGS. I'm in Alabama.

Gina

6. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Welcome to the group! :wave: Love those moonspots! :)

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome...from Northern California... :wave: ....we are happy you are here..... love your goats ....they are really beautiful..... :love: :thumb:

8. Polarhug

Polarhug New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Southcentral Alaska
    Hi Michelle! Great to have an Oregonian... I have family in Walport/Siletz/Lincoln City/Portland.... all over lol.

My neighbor (Wolves Of Alaska) used to raise hybrid wolves, but he isn't breeding anymore. He still has a huge lot of animals though. The state of AK shut him down and tried to force him to sterilize his animals because he was breeding more % of a wolf than he should have been, and he refused to have them DNA tested. That, and he is right next to an elementary school and his wolves kept getting off their chains. They are not very tame and skittish of humans.

But, having said that - we have had more problems with domestic dog packs than wolves or wolf hybrids. Best dog I ever had was a wolf hybrid. She was very smart :)

Would love to see pics!

9. KifSpots

KifSpots New Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Jacksonville, Oregon
    Thanks for such a warm greeting, everyone!

I have a few pictures of the wolfdogs and our mini horse to share today!

But first, you can see more about our wolfdogs, their history and more photos at our website: Paradise Wolves

First, a pic of our mini horse, Jemima. She's 4 years old and is my mom's therapy pet. She's extremely gentle and just loves kisses. Set her free in the pasture and she'll put on a beautiful dance show for the kids in the neighborhood. We hope someday to ger her bred to a Leopard Spotted Appaloosa mini, seeing that Jemmy is a 'varnish roan' who carries the Leopard Complex gene. What a pretty little baby that would make, especially with a nice show stallion. Jemima is also an astounding mover. She is pictured in her spring-coat. She turns all silver in the summer.

[​IMG]

Now, onto the wolfdogs! (I don't like using the term 'hybrid', as it describes the offspring of two different species, and dogs and wolves are the same species).

First, we have Sitka, the momma wolf. Her [UKC] registered name is Simmaki Sky, and she's fully papered. She's the one on the left, the center pic is her mother, Kayla (she's a pure wolf), and the red AKC husky on the right is Bear, Sitka's sire. (This information was provided by Sitka's original breeders) Bear's lineage is quite historical, his grandfather's lineage goes all the way back to the 1920's with Seppala's famous sled dogs. His grandmother's lineage goes back to the wolfdogs who played White Fang in the Disney films.

[​IMG]

Next we have Tsume. UKC Reg. Paradise Wolves' “Talon By the C”. We are still conversing with his original breeders for his full lineage. So far, we know his mother was a pure MacKenzie Valley wolf and his father was an Arctic/Timber wolf with a small amount of Malamute.

[​IMG]

And lastly, two of the four puppies. First we have “Simmaki's Marquiette” [the silver male on his back] and “Stormy Seas” the grey cub. They are 3 weeks old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Beautiful!!! Kayla's eyes are just stunning! That is an adorable mini horse and puppies are darling as well! Thanks for sharing!!