The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been working with goats and other animals (sheep/cattle/pigs/turkeys/geese/chickens) on an intensive-rotational-grazing operation for the last five+ years, have been keeping my own goats for the last 15 months, and have been milking one of them for the last three months. I do rotational grazing with an electric fence, moving their pen about once/week.

---

I've got four goats currently:
  • Patience, a 2.5 year old doe, mostly white kiko/nubian/alpine. Sweet, stubborn, my best buddy.
  • Bunny, a 1.5 year old doe, black and white kiko. Small, chatty, cute as her button nose.
  • Stability, 3 month old doeling, white with orange spots, mostly kiko, kid of Patience. Curious, snuggly, stole my heart.
  • Tenacity, 3 month old wether, white with black/brown markings, mostly kiko, kid of Patience. Lazy, pushy, handsome and knows it.
---

I have some experience, but definitely still have a TON to learn, and lots of questions, so I'm stoked to participate in this community!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Welcome to the forum!:cowboy:
There will probably be a lot of questions about your intensive rotation, it is very interesting.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Welcome to TGS:groupwelcome: Hope you will enjoy it here!!!!:)

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Nice to see you! It seems as if there is already a ton of questions to you, I will be happy to read your answers! Here is mine:

Why has only ONE of your goats stolen your heart? ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts