The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found the perfect brush/comb to get all that thick wool off my longer haired woolly monster, AKA, Diesel my Boer buck, it is a mane/tail brush/comb for horses I got a long time ago in an Oster grooming bag, you can't just brush to get the wool off, you have to put it in and twist it up to get under the shedding hair and wola it comes off in chunks! I didn't get a pic of before, but if you have ever seen a shedding buffalo you know what he looked like! (and that is only 1/2 of the hair I got, the other 1/2 had already blown away)
grooming (1).jpg
grooming (2).jpg

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
LOL, more like 50!!!LOL!!!

curry combs dont have long enough teeth to get under the guard hair, especially on bucks with that looong mohawk they have

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, no rocks (they are all gathered up and placed along the fence) yes, that is a fish tail, he has had that for over a month, and had 2 4gram copper boluses when I first noticed it, it is SLOWLY getting better, he is a BIG boy so just 1 doesn't do much when he gets the fishies! He is my Stud Muffin LOL!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
in southern AZ where we lived for awile it can get around 120, in northern AZ where I am now around 98 or so, I just want him to be comfortable, he wont move when he's hot, down south he LOVED his baths!

·
Registered
11,199 Posts
Thanks for posting this - you inspired to rummage out an old brush and brush a few of my does which was great bonding for all involved. I hardly ever spend the time to do this.

(Of course, I left quite a bit of fluff on the barn floor and gave my aunt a scare when she visited the barn for some goat love and thought a predator had eaten a goat kid!)

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Thanks for posting this - you inspired to rummage out an old brush and brush a few of my does which was great bonding for all involved. I hardly ever spend the time to do this.

(Of course, I left quite a bit of fluff on the barn floor and gave my aunt a scare when she visited the barn for some goat love and thought a predator had eaten a goat kid!)
:funnytech:

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
he's pretty, I'm going to groom my wether today...this will be fun!! this is a before pic form a few weeks ago...
winter woolies.jpg

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh no! he is my puppy dog! I call him a monster because he is big and black, scary monster LOL my baby!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts