The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Prim is almost 5 months old now.
In the past month I have noticed her becoming less and less spunky.

She doesn't run to the gate when I come in the pen like she used to. She usually watches me and waits for me to go to her, she doesn't hop around like my Amber does.

I have been worried that something is wrong, but my DH thinks I am just looking for problems and that she is just growing out of the playful baby stage.

In your experience, when do babies stop acting like babies?

FYI: She has been on cocci prevention, have wormed her with ivec paste, given red cell(I thought her lids looked pale, my DH disagreed), vitamin B, probiotics, has free choice minerals, temp is 103.1

Thoughts? Am I just worrying for nothing?

·
Super Moderator
59,221 Posts
Every goat is different. She could be coming out of the playful stage. If everything else is normal, then there is probably nothing to worry about. You could always have a fecal test done to make sure all the deworming worked. You could give her Probios daily for a week and a B Complex shot. Those things never hurt to do.

·
Registered
635 Posts
"Normal' temperature is variable for goats. 101-103 is usually considered normal. I like to keep a notebook with baseline normals for all my animals. All temps taken when I know there are no issues and in the cool of the morning before they've gotten up and become active. i have individuals for whom normal is 101 all the way up to 102.5 for a couple of my big girls. i will say this: While i wouldn't panic at 103, if it was a temp taken as I described above, early in the cool part of the day, i would watch that goat very carefully for any additional signs and take that temp frequently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts