Grr... How did I do that?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by JenJenWv, Jun 17, 2009.

1. JenJenWv

JenJenWv New Member

May 5, 2008
    I've been looking at the kidding pictures and threads here and keep checking my girls who are due very soon. I just pulled up a due date calculator again to put the dates in again, and they are running a week later than the date I've been carrying in my head! I had the 20th in my head for the due date on my first doe and the other running about a week behind her. But in actuality, the first due date is the 26th. I think in my head I must have knocked 5-6 days off the 150 days and held that date in my head. Then I switched it out for the real due date and had myself expecting kids this week. So frustrated now that I realized I have another week of staring at goat's butts, pinching their tails and fondling udders for change. Figured I'd just vent here because my family will hear my complaints too, but they just won't get it. My daughter is going to be the only one really bugged at this like I am. I guess I can try to relax for a few more days...
    ~Jenny~

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Easy enough to do, but most of us go by a 145 day due date, mini's usually go in that range. Most of the bigger breeds go closer to 150...You have nubi's right?

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    YEP, I do it. But it seems like they do not pay attention to the calender because they goats don;t follow the calender.

I do go to the 150 date as a guideline, but I do not worry to much.

4. JenJenWv

JenJenWv New Member

May 5, 2008
    My Nubian gal, Bambi, is due first. Then Betty Bob, my LaMancha. I've got another Nubian, Bella, that I'm currently milking, but planning to dry off once these two are in milk. They were bred to a Nigerian Dwarf, and I'm just so antsy to see what we will be getting from them. They are both first fresheners.

I know about due dates not being set in stone--my first daughter was 13 days late! But at least it gives you something to aim at.

~Jenny~

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome Jenny..glad you joined.. :wave: ...oh man ...they drive us :hair: when we think they are going to pop ...they hold on ...a little longer.... to get on our nerves..... :doh: :help: :wink:

So how are the udders.....how full are they?

6. JenJenWv

JenJenWv New Member

May 5, 2008
    Bambi's got a bigger udder developing than Betty Bob, but Betty Bob's udder is very tight compared to Bambi's. And Betty Bob's has been noticeable growing just the last few days. If Betty Bob didn't have her udder going, I'd have doubts about whether she was pregnant. I didn't see her get bred, but my daughter said she did. I noticed the buck acting like she was in heat about a week after I saw Bambi get bred. So I'm assuming it was around that time. We had the buck here with us for about a five week spread. Bambi is much wider than Betty Bob. She looks absolutely huge when she is lying down.

I tried to add a picture of them, but my file was too big and my internet connection isn't running well enough at the moment to upload it in the right size, but you can see them on my blog http://www.petalzandfinz.com. There's a recent shot of both their bellies from above.

~Jenny~

7. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    Hey! I just checked your blog link and you've had twin bucks! CONGRATS! They are precious! :cool: