Grrr Argh! Stupid people

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Jan 1, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Why do people insist on asking me for more info about my sale animals, asking for detailed pics, I spend an hour taking more photos, putting together more info for them, even rearranging my travelling plans so I can deliver free of charge for them (6 hrs in this case!) then they say NO I dont want one anymore!

2. karmouth

karmouth New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    ocala, FL
    Because they are Butt heads .

3. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Butt Heads sounds like a good description :ROFL:

I guess non of these people seem to realise how much you put into the sale info :(
  4. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    I know how frustrating it can be when you're trying to sell goats. And if they already committed to buying one and asked you about travel arrangements that is inconsiderate.

On the flipside though I know I don't like to feel pressured when I'm looking to buy a goat. I like to shop around to find exactly what I want for the right price. Yet some people will get upset if you don't buy their after you trouble them for a few pictures.
  5. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    I was very polite and thanked him and wished him well.

But just a bit peeved because I put a lot of effort into organising it all :( and now he doesnt want the buck after all :(
  6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    I to will ask for more detailed pictures and information. but the traveling arangements and such....thats a little rude if they dont give me a good explenation. Thats why I dont ever start such things without a nonrefundable deposit -- covers my expenses to that point.
  7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I can understand more pictures and such, but to make travel arrangements and then say no is definately a bit rude.

In the goat business there are many people like this you come across,,,it's frustrating sometimes, especially when you think you made a sale, but it's just part of selling goats. I know sometimes I have written LONG emails answering LOTS of questions, linking sites, etc. and they say they're interested in 3 or 4 kids and after 5 or so long emails they either don't reply anymore or say they changed their mind, etc. It can get frustrating....But that's just part of selling goats.
  8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is sure not fair....I am sorry that happened to you.... :hug: :(
  9. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I can understand the pictures. i like having ones from every angle if im buying a goat unseen. However with you changing your plans thats just plain rude. I have started taking deposits on even adult animals if im doing a delivery. Usually fifty to one hundred depending on the quality of the animal. Most people willing to put this much down are serious about their purchase.
  10. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I totally agree with what everyone said. . . . the pics are understandable but the transportation is a whole 'nother story. . . . I ask for deposits straight up front.

We once had a gal and her husband come out to look at two of our pygmy wethers a couple years ago. We talked and explained things for at least an hour. She "oooed" and "awwed" over the babies but kept asking her husband if he was sure and asking if he would help her (honestly that woman, if I were her husband, would drive me NUTS!! Can't stand needy people like that). Anywho, we spent all that time and even castrated the boy right then (even though I don't like to do it that young, went all through the details of bottle-feeding and they didn't buy them!! Never contacted me again and frankly, I am GLAD! She was one of those people who couldn't handle cleaning a barn or taking care of regular "goatie things." So, I'm glad she didn't buy them.

Anyways, that stinks. But I'm glad to hear that you likely sold at least some of your Angoras. :)
  11. prairiewolf

prairiewolf New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    southeast Kansas
    I can understand the extra pictures, especially if they were traveling to you. Nobody wants to make a trip and get there without knowing exactly what they are buying, so I understand that. The only ones that annoy me are the ones that expect me to deliver a goat for free a long distance or to meet them half-way and not charge just to cover the gas I would use. It isn't so bad now that gas prices have come down, but when they were really high that always used to really bug me, I have had a few people ask me at that time to deliver for free when the gas would have been more than the total price of the goat! :roll: :slapfloor:
  12. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    A year ago last August I called around and talked to all the ND breeders I could find in this area. After talking on the phone I was really impressed with one of the men. So, I asked to be put on his list for last spring babies. He calls me in March last year and asked if I was still interested... You betcha... I'd been waiting for his does to kid. I ended up buying two doelings (I had told him I thought I wanted a doeling and a buckling). He was absolutely shocked and told me so because he said people never give their word on the phone and then actually follow through with the sale; especially after seven months. That was good to hear from him because some day I'm going to be on the selling end.

What you went through with the travel arrangements was just dishonorable by those people (unless they had a really good reason for backing out; you know... like he just lost his job or something).
  13. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yeah i know how you guys feel.

But it is very frustrating. for the breeder, a buyer was coming over, said he was on his way to my house, and never showed. i actually waited at the goathouse for 1/2 hour waiting. :question: oh well, no kid for him!
  14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Katrina.... we get those... so called buyers to... :( we waste full days sometimes for them ...not to show...........We had one buyer call 2 days prior and then again on the day they were suppose to say... they were on there way .... we will be there at 4pm...they were traveling 4 hours to get here........well
    4:15 came then 5pm...we decided to call them see if they were running late....guess what ....they said "we couldn't make it" .....and didn't even leave home...."WHAT"...when... they said... they were on there's like HELLO...a simple phone call would do... :doh:
    ..we were understanding with them .. :roll: ..even though... I would of said things I shouldn't of ...if I wasn't a decent person........ so frustrating... :hair: