Guess his breeds

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Nubiansrus, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Im bored who wants to play a guess the breeds? There are three breeds in this guy, can you guess what they are?

Buckling picture
    [​IMG]

What happened to my black and white??? He is 10 month old in this pic, I cant believe how hes turning out!! Can you guess the three breeds? Hopefully you can see how short he is by the pics. Hes smaller then my 3 month old babies lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Hhmm, Nubian for sure, Nigerian, and, uh, Pygmy? I have no clue on the last one. :scratch:

3. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I'm going to say nubian, nigerian, yeah maybe pygmy. I think that is also what Crissa said.

The last one I'm going to say Nubian, toggenburg, maybe angora???

4. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008

There is no pygmy or Nigerian this this boy. Looks it dont he. No Toggen or Angora. He is 50% Nubian. Any guesses on the rest of him?

Ill post relatives at some point.

Umm the last one? They are all the same goat.

5. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    no way this is it but nubian, alpine, boer ... lol just turned out really small

:ROFL:

6. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Mmkay, try this again...

nubian, oberhasli, Alpine

These are all the same goat? Nuh uh!

Whoa...that is weird!

7. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008

You are 100% correct...

Dad is full Nubian

Mom is alpine/boer.

I will post his parents, and a few of his sisters that must have taken all the good genes from the gene pool and left this boy, very short.

Just curious how did you get that?

8. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    :shocked: :ROFL: no way!

okay, so my thought process was 50% nubian because of the initial colouration, and the speckled ears. the last picture shows he is very very swiss dairy in conformation, plus the shape of the ears - so there had to be a bit of alpine in there. So the mystery was the third breed ... I really really wanted to say another dairy breed, actually ober was in my mind, but the ears - they would have stuck up more if it were another dairy breed, it HAD to be another lop eared breed, so the only thing left was Boer ...

9. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Good Job. I didnt show a front view pick because he actually does have a good built chest, just small and it makes him look more boer. But can you believe that? What in the hec happened? LOL Just for more fun heres mom dad and a sibling that turned out more the way I wanted her too lol.

Dad my Nubian buck. Love this boy hes so sweet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love his horns lol

[​IMG]

Mom Boer/alpine. She is smaller then dad, but no where near as short as her son above lol. [her three babies this year as well. ]

[​IMG]

And Norton as the boy you guessed abouts full sister Jasmine, and her three kids she had this year. First time, she had three really nice kids. I love this doe, shes why I wanted a buck from this breeding, though a "mutt" goat I just love her.

[​IMG]

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    awww....look at those cute babies....... :love:

11. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008

Thank you

I need to get some new pics of them. They were a day or so there. They are about a month and a half now, and really stocky. I love how that breeding turned out. If your talking about the last pic. The white doe sadly had something wrong with her, none of my moms would take her on, and she wouldnt feed from the bottle. You guys guessed something was wrong, then a few days later she died. The tri colored is a buckling, and the brown/white a doe, they are soo nice looking.

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome.......I'd love to see how they are growing.......yes I am talking about the last pic.... :wink:

Oh no...I am so sorry about the ...white doe ....that is sad, but sometimes God has better plans for them.... :pray:

13. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Heres some updated pics. They are about a month and a half now. I love the way they look, even more so the buck. Not bad for "mutt" goats. These guys are from a La manacha buck, and mom is alpine/boer/nubian. Im I an idiot to not wanna put the banding tool to this buck? lol [hubby wont let me keep a wether lol]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My 6 yr old daughter wanted to be included. But she can barely hold this boy lol

[​IMG]

14. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Already getting more goats. No more goats this year No more goats this year. *looks at the pics* AAWWWWW so cute I want them all *looks around* I promise dmy hubby no more goats then the ones that I am getting.

15. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I know isn't it so hard Corax? I torture myself CONSTANTLY! I look through all the classifieds in the state on Craigslist ALL the time looking for more goats. But, I'm a good girl. I'll really be in trouble though when I start having baby goats.

16. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    look at it this way ... if he makes a great buck ... he'll make an outstanding wether

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Awww....they have grown well...and are very nice .. :love:

...Your daughter is so beautiful..... :love: :greengrin:

18. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Cute kids! I love the bare little piggy's on your daughter....I thot I was wierd for being barefoot with the goats!

The little guy sure is an armful for her!