Guess How Many are in There

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by GaGoats2017, Oct 11, 2017.

1. GaGoats2017

GaGoats2017 Active Member

Sep 5, 2017
    IMG_0964.PNG This is a pregnant doe I am thinking about buying, would go pick her up today if I decide to get her. They live about 4 mins away so I'm not too worried about transporting her this late in her pregnancy.

But how many do you think she has in there? :) My guess is at least 2, maybe 3?

RickiRick and Goat_Scout like this.
  2. GaGoats2017

Sep 5, 2017
    Here is another picture, these are from today. I think they still have a few weeks left.

IMG_0965.jpg

RickiRick, alicejane and Goat_Scout like this.

3. Goatzrule

Goatzrule Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Id say atleast two

4. GaGoats2017

Sep 5, 2017
    Brought her and her sister home, they are 2 years old, they both have kidded before. A little more wild than my current goats, but I'm hoping I can tame them some before they kid.

The cream color one in the picture is huge. Wishful thinking that she has 2+ haha. I think she has at least 2-3 weeks left, has a big bag but it's not tight yet.

Her Paint Colored sister is pregnant, but not near as large. I think she has 6 or more weeks left until she kids, has an udder but it isn't very large.

I was under the impression they knew who they were bred to. But they had multiple (like 12) bucks that they could be bred to, all were either small Myotonic or Pygmy mix Nigerian types. Had a few fence pannels get knocked down, and the Buck and bucklings got loose with the does.

So I guess it will be a surprise. :) I'm pretty happy with the mamas though, so the kids can't be too bad.

groovyoldlady and Goat_Scout like this.
  5. darth

darth Active Member

6. GaGoats2017

Sep 5, 2017
    Hahaha The pictures don't do her justice, I have never had one get this big. These are the pictures they sent me, I'll have to get better ones tomorrow.

I get singles most of the time, occasionally twins. I have never had triplets, so I am crossing my fingers!:)

7. billiejw89

billiejw89 Well-Known Member

I guess trips!

GaGoats2017 likes this.
  8. ArborGoats

ArborGoats Active Member

Jan 24, 2013
    My guess is 3 or 4!

9. IHEARTGOATS

IHEARTGOATS Active Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Zebulon, NC
    It looks like she has a naturally wide rumen.
    She reminds me of my girl Ginger, who always looks pregnant even when she isn't. Ginger has always had 2 each time.

10. GaGoats2017

Sep 5, 2017
    Yea I have one that always looks 4 months pregnant lol. I'm hoping this isnt the case with her. But I will be thrilled with at least twins.

She's either a Pygmy mix or Nigerian mix, maybe both. She has a pretty wide set frame, not including the baby belly. Large body, but no legs haha.

Goat_Scout and toth boer goats like this.
  11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    But then again, I have had some does who are huge like that, only give me twins/singles. So they can fool us.

12. GaGoats2017

Sep 5, 2017
    Yea. With my Boers I always get singles. Even from big huge does, just one big beautiful kid haha. I wish I had an ultrasound machine, but it will be a few years until I am that advanced. So I guess for now it's just wait and see.

I talked to him again today about which buck he thinks they were bred to.

He said it was most likely his big registered black dapple Spanish buck. Which scares me a little, but they are decent sized does so I am hoping they will be fine. I guess I would be happy with that, but really expected it to be one of their minis.

Another option was his angora Buck. Which he was smaller than I expected an angora to be and very cute, but I have no use for an angora mix. So all those kids would be sold.

If not one of those, it was one of his tiny Pygmy/Nigerian bucklings. I would love that too, since if that's the case maybe I will have multiple small kids rather than 1-2 huge ones.

They won't let me touch them yet, so I can't feel their sides. I might try lowering the stand to ground level, and putting them on it so I can check them out some more.

toth boer goats and Goat_Scout like this.
  13. GaGoats2017

Sep 5, 2017
    Their vulvas are very swollen looking. But their bags still aren't full yet.

If I can catch them I will try to feel their ligs.

toth boer goats likes this.
  14. Goat_Scout

Goat_Scout Active Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Louisiana
    I'm guessing she's got three in there! Pretty doe. :)

GaGoats2017 likes this.
  15. ArborGoats

ArborGoats Active Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I'll revise to 2 kids if she is bred to the big Spanish buck.... 2-3 weeks is going to go by sooo slow!

GaGoats2017 and Goat_Scout like this.
  16. IHEARTGOATS

IHEARTGOATS Active Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Zebulon, NC
    She's the same color as my girl Ginger who is registered Nigerian. I would say your's is Nigerian or high percentage Nigerian.
    Every Nigerian I've ever seen that color has a wide belly.

GaGoats2017 and Goat_Scout like this.
  17. GaGoats2017

Sep 5, 2017
    I caught them! :) Ligs are still there. So I still think it will be 2 weeks or more. Felt their sides but didn't feel any kicking, feet, or legs. But I only tried for a min or so, didn't want to stress them out anymore. But yes I am going to drive myself crazy the next few weeks waiting. Hahaha

The Spanish Buck was beautiful, but after he told me that today I have changed my guess back to twins for the creamy tan doe. So I am going to be terrified of big kids until she has them.

But with that many options, I'm just going to stop trying to play who's the Baby Daddy. lol I'll get y'all to help me guess who the dad is after they are born.

toth boer goats and Goat_Scout like this.
  18. GaGoats2017

Sep 5, 2017
    This is the mama of the two I have. He bought the mama and the two girls as kids almost 2 years ago.

She looks very Nigerian to me (but I have no experience with smaller breeds). And they all 3 have blue eyes and lots of color.

This is a picture of her that he sent me, not the best pic. But I forgot to take more pictures while I was there yesterday. She is also very pregnant lol.

IMG_0966.jpg

toth boer goats likes this.