Guess I Should Update on the BOYS

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Bona Fide, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    Yeah, kind of been foggy lately - but I figured I should let you guys know...

After selling my LaMancha buck I was BUCKLESS and we KNOW we CANT have that!!! So...I was looking for Nigerian bucks - in the process I found a lady selling some in OK - (hence the post earlier about needing transportation) - we thanks to a kick butt Nigerian breeder in OK - the trip happened and as of last week I am the proud Mommy of Nigerians (AGAIN WOO HOO) - I got two Nigerian bucks...

Don't have pictures - but I'll tell you who they are! :cool:

High Hill Farm Golden Son- gold in color - blue eyed, nicely put together - LOVE HIS DAM/SIRE
    sire: PGCH Good Measure Farm Poe
    dam PGCH Ivy Acres Windy Plains *D (Top 10 butterfat 2007 - AGS)

Good Measure Farm Fugita - very flashy, blue eyed - such a pistol, super friendly.
    s: Covenant Kids Blue Ice
    d: Poetry Oaks Rosalind

But I've got to get updated pictures of the babies for the website and get these guys put online so I'll get scruffy pictures tomorrow! :cool:

SUPER excited, glad to have these guys home.

Now for the herd:

I'm retaining the two doelings and going to sell (OR TRADE) one or two does. Wanting to get another doe --- Nubian or Alpine...or Togg or Saanen ... LOL Not sure yet - but going to add one more.

Anyone ever "traded" does - like traded even? I've never done it (well ONCE - but it was with my best friend so...it was more like giving each other presents, LOL) - but have seen a few options to do it lately. Thinking of trading one or two of my LaManchas for one or two does of another breed...anyone ever done it? Any ideas? Comments? Suggestions? Of course keep it even or as even as possible - but any other ideas?

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congrats on the boys! :)

Yup I am doing a trade with a breeder/friend - it would have been us just trading money back and forth so I said how about we do this and she liked the idea.

If the two animals are comperable and you both agree then I think it is an awesome idea to do a trade.

a friend of mine is doing a trade too with some goats - she is trading a buck for a disbudding iron, not a total even trade but it helps each person as the buck has been hard to sell and she needs him moved and the person wanting the buck doesnt have cash for him but has the disbudding iron. And she is doing a doe for a doe trade as well.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats..... :greengrin:

I like trading sometimes ....it makes it worth while......... when you need or want something that they have ...or visa versa.......We traded for a real nice..only a couple years old ..big 2 seater go cart...for a few... of our goaties....of same value....the go cart... is a blast....... :wink: :D

4. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Congrats !!! :cool:

I think trading would be a fun thing... You get what you want, they get what they want= no money used!!

5. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    PLEASE keep in mind these are HORRIBLE pictures from an AWFUL camera and the boys really are stunning - pictures do them no justice - and just wait until it warms up and they get HAIR CUTS WOOOOOHOOOOO

Here's the two peas in a pod - SUCH SWEETHEARTS -

[​IMG]
    SONNY AND FUJI

[​IMG]
    FUJI AND SONNY

[​IMG]
    FUJI

[​IMG]
    SONNY

6. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    I love em. They r georgous

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
  8. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Pretty boys *steals them*

9. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    handsome fellas!! :greengrin:

10. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Very handsome color! "SUCH SWEETHEARTS" They do look like they have great personalities.