Guess what! Guess what!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Crissa, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    My parents talked to the mayor and the law enforcement here and..........I get to keep my goats in my backyard now! I'm so happy, that means that they'll be closer and I can spend more time with them! (it sure is a good thing we have a ginormous backyard) We're going to start building the pen soon!

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    WOW Crissa!!!!!!!!!!! You must be extatic!!!

3. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    :leap: :leap: Good news Crissa.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Oh thats awesome Crissa - and what a really nice thing for your parents to do for you. :greengrin:

5. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    That's great Crissa! Yay!! :cool:

6. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks! I'm so excited! The only bad thing is that I can't get anymore goats, I can still breed them, I just can't keep any of the babies without selling one of the older ones. :cry: Oh well. Maybe that will happen with more time. :roll:

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    been there before Crissa.........but just enjoy the ones you do have which is like 4 right with the new ones coming??

8. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Yep I agree. And yes I'll be up to four.

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats great! So where will you pen your buck? can you get him a buddy or no?

10. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    He will be on the other side of the yard. No I can't get him a buddy yet. My parents are "thinking" about it. I told them that it would be better for him, but we have to be careful.

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ah I see.

Well maybe something will work out

12. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    How close can I safely put him to the girls? :scratch:

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I would make sure the fence is at least 2 feet apart so no fence breeding

14. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well, I'll probably put him as close to the girls as possible. We're moving everyone over here today! :leap:

15. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well, looks like moving them up to my house is good in more than one way! :greengrin:
    Thor has found a home! A family just came by to say hi to all of my animals in the back yard and I was joking around about them taking Thor with them and they asked if I was serious. I said that if they took him he was theirs! So he now has a loving family with two little kids to love on him.

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh thats really nice. But I hope they know what they are getting themselves into and take care of him properly.

congrats on bringing your girls home

17. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well, they live right down the street from me and I can check on him any time I want and they said that they'll probably be asking me plenty of questions. I also told them that if they decide they can't deal with him that they either have to find him another good home or give him back to me.

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well thats good. Maybe they will even purchase a kid off of you to be his companion :D

19. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    That would be great! :)

20. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well I guess every good thing has it's down side. Lyric and Heidi managed to get out earlier. (knew that was going to happen eventually) And while trying to put them back in the others tried to wrestle me out of the way. (Tempest 200 lb Suffolk ewe, Molly 150 lb cross ewe, and Thor 200+/- boer wether) Jeez was that an event! Well I managed to keep them from getting back out (never know how I managed it) and in the process almost ripped my fingernail off and burst a couple of vessels in my hand along with re-injuring my wrist and injuring the other wrist. I didn't know how much burst vessels hurt! I can barely type with my right hand (the burst vessels) and I can no longer lift much of anything. I feel like such a baby! And of course my back is now sore. Took some ibuprofen to help with the pain. (darn stuff hasn't kicked in yet) And I get to go back out there to try and feed later.