GUESS WHAT She's home Pictures added

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by sweetgoats, Aug 13, 2009.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OK, several months ago I sold a LOT of my goats. I had two wethers for sale but the lady wanted them then and did not want to wait fro them to be weaned, so either I sold the boys AND mom or I lose the sale.

I really prayed over it and I decided to go ahead and sell all three. (I did not want to sell mom, she is the grand daughter of Liz that I lost and I just love this little gray doe). Well the babies were 8 weeks old. I do not like to wean until they are 12weeks or if they are plenty big, the problem here was they were really small, like 3 pounds when they were born so they needed that extra time and mom's milk. When I loaded them in the truck for the lady I cried like a little girl. I really loved this girl but I had to do what was best for the babies.

Well she emailed me ad said that she does not like Gracie Lou at all, she is not friendly or anything (what, she was in my pocket all the time). So I asked her how much she wanted for her. (She wanted to sell two of the three and I told her NO they need to be in at least pairs), so because I have her a heck of a deal for the three she is GIVING me my Gracie Lou back. I am so excited I am going to cry. :dance:

My Gracie Lou is coming back to me. :leap: :leap: I can not wait to see her.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: GUESS WHAT

Awww...congrats .........that is a blessing from God ....you girls ...were meant to be....... :leap: :thumbup: :pray:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Gracie Lou knew how to get back to her mama :cool:

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

I am so excited I can hardly stand it. i might even miss church to go get her. I do believe God will forgive me after all it was him that brought us back together.

:pray: Thank you Lord.

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

haha I never feel bad about skipping church if it is for a good reason :)

6. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio

Fabulous news!!! I'm really happy for you! :clap: :clap: :clap:

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

That is so awesome!! :cool:

8. Re: GUESS WHAT

woohoo! "In all things God works for the good of those who love Him!"

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

AMEN

10. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

That's GREAT!!!!!!! :stars:

11. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

:cool: Wonderful news, Lori, to have your girl back. :clap: Psst-get a coming home pic if time allows.

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

I have tell you all. I went to DH last night as we were talking about our plans for the weekend. I told him I had a change of plane for Sunday. He was like OH are we not going now? OH no, that is not it, I got a email about Gracie Lou. I told him the story and he was like well, "how about if I go get her and you go get the new horse"? WHAT, I thought he was going to say "you have to get the numbers down", but nope he said he would go get her if I would like. He new how it killed me to get rid of her. I think the other thing is we have a waiting list for 2010 babies. I sold so many goats and babies this spring he was like OH WOW you really can make some money on the.

Anyway, he is a keeper that is for sure. He is even helping me rearrange the barn so I can have more stalls for kidding this year. :leap:

13. jduwall

jduwall New Member

Aug 7, 2009

oh my that is wonderful~~!! some thing are just meant to be.... :clap: :dance: :stars:

14. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois

Congrats, Lori!!!!! :leap: :stars: That is GREAT!!! :wahoo: I'm so glad for you!!! :stars:

15. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Awww, Lori, that is such a heartwarming story. We all know how fickle our beloved goaties can be, and like Stacey said....Gracie Lou KNEW just how to go about coming back to you :love:

16. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

She is HOME. The pictures ar edark because I was up before the sun was totally up this morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She was so happy to be home. She ran right to her stall buddy, and was grazing like crazy.

I am so happy to have her home. When I arrived to the place to pick her up, she saw me and came running.

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    awe she missed her mama so bad! :love: :hug:

18. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    So happy for you and Gracie Lou :love: ........what a great thing to have happen.....she looks sooooooo relaxed and happy to be home!

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Awwwww :love: I'm sure that Gracie enjoyed the company as the sun came up, very pretty girl too.

20. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Very pretty!!!!!!!! Congrats!!! :leap: