Guess What!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Hailee's Herd, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Guess what?? I am going to get a horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :horse: :horse: :horse: I am getting her on November 2nd. So excited! She is a 5 year old Standardbred. Her name is Artic now but I do plan to change it. So give me some name suggestions! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    She is very pretty- i had one that looked just like her named "shadow"- what about Shasta??

3. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Restless Soul
    Shantih means peace
    Jinah
    Rocky Top
    Sweetheart
    Robin (she looks like a Robin to me)
    Whisper

She is gorgeous! Is She trained? I advise you to have her proffessionally trained . . . trust me, even my bruises will tell you it is not worth it to try to train a young mare by yourself! she has a very nice head and neck, if she's tall you might consider show jumping her.
    Right now I am trying to talk my dad into buying a pure bred, Arabian colt (might geld him) who's a grey, will be atleast 16.2 hands when full grown, and I plan on show jumping with him. Congrats!!!!
    I have an entire tablet of horse names . . . if you want, I can email/send you the entire tablet if you send it back when your done . . .

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    She is beautiful!

Roxy
    Delilah
    Kandi
    Bella
    Sisley

I had a Tennessee Walker gelding who was almost 17 hands tall, he was my baby and I had him since he was a year old, but we had to sell him last year because the price of hay was just too high :tears:

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a beauty Hailee...Congratulations!

6. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Thanks everyone! I was actually thinking about Roxy, and I have a few other names in my head.
    She has been trail ridden for 2 years and she was a harness racer for a really short time at the age of 3. I am getting her from a rescue group. I really don't want a show horse or a show jumper or anything, just a trail horse. She is like 15 hh.

7. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Awww, that's sad. :( I think I saw a video or something of him before. But it may have been someone elses. I heard that the Tennessee Walkers are really nice horses.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    We had one that looked like her ......... she was gorgeous to................her name was "shadow"........LOL :)
    Our horse was a registered thoroughbred with all kinds of winning bloodlines...........she was really quick.........my husband use to race me ...... :horse: ....I had a quarter horse and of course .....he blow us away every time.................

we sold our horses along time ago............they are good hay burners,,,, as my husband calls them,.....LOL....but we did love and enjoy them.............. :love: At times I wish I still had them ....then other times I think..............at least I don't have to clean the stall.........clean there hoofs..........groom them..........vacinate........ worm them.........get them trimmed........feed them...........ride them..........well that part I didn't mind...........and all the other good stuff ........then it doesn't hurt as much........We do have friends that have horses and I can ride when ever I would like............LOL :) horses are a joy~! Have fun with your new and beautiful .......horse.......... :)

9. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Congrats! :stars: I know you're gonna love her! It's so rewarding to rescue a horse, they always show you how grateful they are. :love:

10. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Congrats on getting the horse! She is beautiful!!! :love:

11. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    She's gorgeous! Congrats! Getting new horses is always so exciting! Happy Trails!! :horse:

12. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    She is very pretty!! :love: Congrats and have fun riding!! :D

13. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Shes beautiful!

Names that come to mind are; Gypsy, Crystal, Black Velvet, Etched in black, Roma, or Rhiannon. Personally Rhiannon has always been one of my favorite names, the Welsh goddess.

14. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    VERY VERY PRETTY!!!!! :stars: :leap: :stars: :leap:

15. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Thanks everyone! I get her next weekend. Thanks for all of the name suggestions. I will look back at them later and see which ones I like for her. :)

16. FancyAppy

FancyAppy New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Congratulations. Will she need any additional training or is she pretty trail savy already?We trail ride alot and there is nothing more relaxing.She is a beautiful color. Have fun!

17. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Have you got her yet? I bet you're probably preoccupied with her huh? :wink:

18. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Yep, I got her. She is so sweet!! She was scared of the goats at first and she didn't like her stall. But now she is OK. We will see how she is on the weekend when I try to ride her. If she is bad with that then we will have to get rid of her. But she should be fine. I will post more pics on this thread when I get the chance. :) Thanks for checking in with me! :)

19. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Hallee,

Give her a chance to get use to all the new stuff in her life. Do not get discouraged if she is not doing what you want right off the bad. She has to learn that she can trust you.

She is really a beautiful horse. Congratulations.

20. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you probably know this already but a horse who trusts you will be more willing to listen to you. Just work with her on the ground first. Hanging out with her and working in barn/shelter or pen with her around will greatly aid you both in your relationship. Feed her treats and groom her. The more she hears your voice and touch the more confidence she will have in you and there will be minimal issues when you get up on her :greengrin: