The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Andy to the breeder today, and guess who I was lucky enough to find, just two hours from me! Meet Blissberry Val Chmerkovskiy. Being bred to Counter Culture Andromeda (my baby ) anyone who follows Blissberry genetics would be freaking out as well...

I
IMG_8163.jpg

The planned pedigree
IMG_8164.jpg

Val's mom, Vallerina appraised at 92
IMG_8165.jpg

Vallerinas mom, Valentina produced a gorgeous doe not too many years ago named Vallelujah who is one of the only living Nubians to appraise at EX 93!!!
IMG_8166.jpg

Vallelujah appraised at 93, super hard to achieve for Nubians!

Andromeda (Andy) and her pretty little self
IMG_7047.jpg

Val in all his rutting handsome glory!

I'm suuuupeeerrrr excited to get these genetics in my herd!!! I literally cannot wait for Andy to have her babies so I can see these beautiful kids!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very cool! I had a couple of Blissberry bucks for the last two years. Unfortunately I had to sell them last summer. I've gotten some nice kids from them though. These are my guys' bloodlines:
http://web.adga.org/Crystal/DisplayReport.aspx?r=1&c=1528183&i=1575415|N1783212|1575415

http://web.adga.org/Crystal/DisplayReport.aspx?r=1&c=1528183&i=1575408|N1783205|1575408
Hmmmm your links don't seem to want to load! Could you just tell me their names that I can look up on ADGA?

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
That is so exciting!! I really wish I wasn’t so far away from Blissbury, they have an amazing herd, wonderful genetics.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Hmmmm your links don't seem to want to load! Could you just tell me their names that I can look up on ADGA?
Oh yeah, you have to be logged into ADGA to access those I think. I forget that sometimes. My guys were Parks Oasis John Rambo and Parks Oasis Rocky Balboa.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Rambo and Rocky, Now THOSE names I recognize... Oh, not what you meant? TeeHee!

Reactions: Goat_Scout

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Val's photo won't attach to the actual post so here he is! View attachment 138749
No wonder you're so excited! Your goats are absolutely gorgeous. I love the floppy ears... and the dots/spots!
I would like to share a concern regarding your "gate". I see you have what appears to be a metal (verses leather) chain collar on Val? I also see the adornment on the chain link gate and the first thing that popped in my head is if he ever slipped and that collar got caught on the gate topper, he'd choke. A friend/neighbor of mine long ago, lost his dog due to this happening. Just an observation. Wishing you the best in your new girl and can't wait to see what you get.

Reactions: mariarose

·
8,066 Posts
I agree with Madgoat about the collar and the gate. Could you take that gate decoration off? I had a goat break her front leg getting it caught under a gate topper. Goats can find more ways to destroy themselves and their environment.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I believe that picture of the buck is at the owner of the buck's farm, not Kbarson's place. But yes, it does look dangerous.

Reactions: Kbarson

·
Fair-Haven
4,609 Posts
I am so excited for you!!! I was blessed enough to purchase 2 doelings this year whose sire is directly out of Vallelujah!!! They are awesome. I'm so impatient waiting on someday kids! Keep posting those pics - and as an aside, one doeling took FOREVER to start to mature, but now at 8 months I wouldn't trade her for anything!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts