Gypsy and big girl - one more try

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Graffogefarms, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Graffogefarms

Graffogefarms New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    ireland
    Well, I've been thinking about Gypsy - the big hemaprodite with the black face, though we never confirmed it - just think she is because she is so big and our giant tog. Gypsy is 7 now, and big girl is about 5-6. We never tried artificially injecting them to bring them into season, so yesterday, I got a prostagland injection for both of them and injected them. ~I don't know how long Gypsy is going ot be around for sure would love to have a kid from her. Big girl - a kid would be great too. So decided that I will give it a try with the injection. - so injected them both yesterday. Waiting to see if anything happens. Hopefully the boys start getting the sniff and interest, and hopefully - somthing comes out of it! I don't use either of them for harness anymore. So everyone - pray that it works - !

:pray:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    for your sake I hope it works out :)

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Please keep us posted on how it works.

I did not think that a hemaprodite could get pregnant.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow ...yeah ...keep us updated....I will pray... that it works... :pray:

5. Ditto, our hearts are with you may it all work out. :pray:

6. Graffogefarms

Graffogefarms New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    ireland
    :sigh: Well it's going to be a week tomorrow - - nothing happening. No sign of Gypsy or big girl to come into heat. - I've tried. -Gypsy is 7 years old now. Big girl is approx 6. So - suppose that is it. Gypsy taken 2 years ago

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Graffogefarms

Graffogefarms New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    ireland
    upper pic is Big girl taken about a year and a half ago to two years ago. Lower pic is Gypsy about 3 years ago.

8. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    a single pg injection oftentimes isnt enough - hold on a minute and let me double check the protocol timings, I'll get back to you in a bit

9. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    okay - with prostaglandin, you need to give two injections 14 days apart, to cover all bases.

However, I would strongly recommend you try a progestogen treatment instead. The protocol is as follows:

Day 0: Insert CIDR or progestogen sponge
    Day 14: Inject PMSG 600 - 750 IU (pregnant mare serum gonadotrophin - encourages multiples)
    Day 16: Remove sponge/CIDR. Introduce the male.
    Day 18: mating should occur

10. Graffogefarms

Graffogefarms New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    ireland
    I will try it again - also going to try and get a pic of Gypsy's private area, - there is a bit of a bump on bottom of the vagina area.

11. Graffogefarms

Graffogefarms New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    ireland
  12. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    looks normal to me :shrug: