Gypsy Goat Adventure!

Discussion in 'Pack and Working Goats' started by FunnyRiverFarm, Jul 24, 2009.

1. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    For a few months I've had the idea of dressing like a gypsy and driving Benny's cart around town...and it finally materialized...lol... :greengrin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. How cool, you both look the part so well. :clap:

3. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Thanks! :) There's still a few things I want to add to the cart and harness to make it more flashy. I've been picking stuff up at yard sales for weeks!

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Wow....you both look great! Benny really looks like he enjoy's his job too :greengrin:

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  6. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    that looks amazing!

do you drive benny in a bitted bridle? cos it looks very low but that would be understandable if you are using a bit ...

7. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Thanks everybody! It was a lot of fun! And Benny did a really good job! :greengrin:

Keren--I do use a bitted bridle for driving him (he can be headstrong but is very responsive to the bit). In the first couple pics he just has his halter on though...which has a tendancy to slip. I just wanted to get a couple pics with his halter on because I haven't decorated his driving bridle (which he has on in the cart pics).

8. Well the next Gasperilla, if you have that type of thing, make sure you enter and go. What a great piece to be added to that type of event.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    You both look great...looks like fun...... :wink: :greengrin:

10. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    How cute you and Benny look and how fun!

Is Benny a Alpine?.......reason I ask is I bought my first 2 guys a year ago(knowing nothing about goats!) from a little old man down in Kentucky, he said they were pgymies......but I know they are mixed.....hubby and I went to a local county 4-H fair this week and my Jake looks more like a Alpine, just smaller. Doesn't really matter to us, we love our guys.....but I have been reading about Alpines and I am really drawn to the breed. Jake has the very markings described for an Alpine. Elwood looks more pygmy but bigger and neither boy has the big block head of a pygmy.

11. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    You both look great! I love the outfits - how fun! :)

12. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Yeah, he sure is :) Maybe your Jake is an Alpine/Pygmy cross. I grew up with Alpines and love them. In general, they seem to be very personable--in your pocket type goats. Perfect for taking out into public.

13. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Thank you for the smiles!!!!

14. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Awww! CUTE! I want to do that! Except that I look more swedish, so I was thinking of maybe doing the whole dutch thing.

Now if you got a Nubian, you could do the whole Esmarelda thing!

15. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    That would be really cool too. It's what my husband wanted to do...but I think, for me and Benny, the gypsy look suits us better.

Nothin against Nubians...but no way! LOL! :wink:

16. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Ha ha ha! I love my alpine best too. She is such a cuddle bug! Yesterday she layed her head in my arms and just sat there while I snuggled and pet her. Awww!

Nubians are kinda spooky too...

17. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    I love it - your guys look great! I agree that the Gypsy theme works for him!

18. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Very pretty and handsome all the way around and fun too. You two got the look going on!

19. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Thanks! Havin' too much fun, I suppose. LOL!

Benny was really a good boy...he didn't even try to chew on his decorations, which really surprised me! :)