Gypsy, Guinness

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Graffogefarms, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Graffogefarms

Graffogefarms Active Member

Oct 11, 2007
    ireland
    We lost my Tia early in the year, but In about the last month I have lost two of my favourite animals. First of all Guinness - the cat, we got him as a rescue from a charity - he was a wild little spitfire who came from queens blvd. his 11 years with us - he totally devoted himself to me. When I went to the US, - he went under a chair , refused to eat, and died on the phone with me - 4 days later.

Gypsy - many of you know - hemaprodite, the big nubian with the black face she was our first cart goat, and a beauty, and sweet, though would take no nonsense. She was going on 9 years old. I knew it would be her last year, hoped I would be wrong, but I wasn;t she passed away Sunday Morning past. She brought many a smile, and sometimes in the dark of the evening - you would be on the computer and look out the window - and there is a goat resting her chin on the window, grinning at you hoping for a treat. You'd go hey Gyps - and she would always answer. The joy she brought to many people, was great. I am dissapointed that she ended up in the knackers yard, as I had called the Vet college in Dublin early in the summer and they were not really interested in her for research. I thought at the end of her life she could be a valauble asset - but it didn't happen. :?

anyway - Here's to Gypsy!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh Bridget I am sorry :( :hug:

3. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    She was a valuable asset because you got to care for her and love her!! Sorry you lost her.

4. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    :tears: I'm so sorry. If you have a picture of them, I'd love to see them. :hug:

Gina

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry for your loss.... :( :hug:

6. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    So sorry for your loss.

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    So sorry :hug:
    Both knew they were very well loved by you :hug:

8. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Soo, so sorry. I know a goat like that-who will answer whenEVER you speak to her. I can only imagine how sad it is to lose that. They LOVED you, and that is ALL that matters. Peace...