The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This doesn't show her eyelid improvement, but it DOES show her coat! Look at that glossy thing! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Ohhh , she is a shiny little girl ! Hi Gypsy :wave: ( kisses ) I loved meeting her :love:
I love your milking stand , very nice ! :)

·
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They've all gotten very soft and shiny. :D Thank you! My dad made it, it's pretty great.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
wow thats pretty darn amazing! I plan on trying it when I get my goats home again. To much to try to accomplish with them being 20 min away and in with a herd of "other" goats etc.

·
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know! You remember how Gypsy's coat used to be rough right, Stacey? This is the best condition I've ever seen her in!

·
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have started my goats on Fir Meadow's GI Soother and DWorm A. It is getting them in great condition.

·
Registered
82 Posts
How did you feed the Fir Meadow? I have been using it too and my only big complaint is that I have to drench it mixed with molasses & two of my does just hate it and it is a rodeo, completely with them spitting it back on me lol.

My La Manchas like it and suck it out of the syringe, the NDs, not so much!

·
Super Moderator
58,870 Posts
I make mine into a ball and just shove it deep into their mouth. Mine liked it at first but seemed to get tired of it as the werk went by.

·
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I make mine into a ball as well, only I add mollasses. First few times I did have to shove it down, then they realized it was a treat and loved it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Okay, I have never tried the ball method. I will give it a shot next time around. One of my NDs has simply epic skills at spitting it back on me practically no matter how I try to shoot it down her throat...

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I make Molly's dosage balls. 2 goats eat them like treats, 3 hate them. I shove them all the way to the back of their cheek back against their teeth. The only time they manage to get it back out is if I didn't do a good job of smooshing it into their teeth/cheek.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi again! So I was looking into it further and decided I am going to purchase some! How long does it last you, the 16 oz. packet...
I have 5 goats right now and want to know how much I should buy

Thanks

·
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It hasn't run out yet, and it has been a month. We have 11 goats currently. For the first few days, be sure to give twice a day. I mix GI Soother and DWorm A together and give it twice weekly, at her suggestion, since NJ is humid and is worse for worms than the area Kat is from. I'm still very happy with their condition. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts