had to share

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by SDK, Jan 6, 2010.

1. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    so my friend and i both raise the same breed of rabbits, and we both loooove each others, so we struck up a deal to trade a junior buck of mine for a junior buck from her. she wanted a black, so i'm still trying to get one that i think is nice enough for her. but she had a litter of blues and i just loooove the blues, very pretty and very underappreciated. kinda my soft spot in the colors. but she brought two jr bucks to the last show i saw her at in early decemberthey were about 6 weeks and i looked them overwith herto see if one was one i wanted.. and i fell in love with this cute little dude.

i told her that i want to name my blue lines after russian stuff ( russian blues.. aha ha ha) but she sent me this picture today after my littledude got his ear tattoo. sooo cute and i love the name she chose

introducing the newest stud of Widow Haven; The Tanning Salon's Romanov

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Very handsome! :) Congrats!

3. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    You tattoo the whole name in the ear????? BTW, very cute!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very nice.........congrats :love: :greengrin: :thumbup:

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

different breeders do different tatto sequences and themes.like goats but far more liberal in the tattoo department and only one ear (the left, the right is used to register and champion animals with id #, because you can show any rabbit, but not all are able to be registered with the association.)

like my friend tattoos the showstock with the name/form of the name( like if its named pretty young thing, its PYT)

where as i do WH for my rabbitry and then 3 letters/numbers to id the rabbit to its name

like Widow Haven's C-lebrity is WHCLB

or Widow Haven's Tsavo is WHTSV

6. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    interesting -- thank god rabbits have long ears!

why are they called "tans'?

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    well some don't have long ears at all.. max 2 inches 1 inch preferred. then we have the 14 inch ears on english lops

they were originally the black and tan rabbit, due to coloring, but with the introduction of 3 other colors they dropped the black and left it at tan. its one of the oldest domestic breeds