Haflinger, Heeler, Silky Terrier, Mini Horses, Mini Donkey

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by HollowbeadRanch, Oct 5, 2007.

1. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    This is Blaze my Haflinger mare:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Dixie my Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler) female:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Dallas my Silky Terrier female:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is L.B. a AMHA registered Miniature Horse Gelding:
    [​IMG]

This is Memphis a AMHA registered Miniature Horse Mare:
    [​IMG]

And this is Pinocchio a Miniature Donkey Jack: I have to get far away pics of him because once he realizing I am in the pasture he comes running! :roll:
    [​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hey friendly is good

nice looking animals

3. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Nice looking animals..I love mini horses and donkeys.

4. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thank you both!! Yes, friendly is very good!!! It just makes it a little difficult to get pictures when he is standing at my feet pushing on me because I am not petting him :roll:

5. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    My doeling does that!!! LOL

6. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Yeah, I have a Boer Doeling that does that as well. And when I feed she just walks around standing beside me wherever I go... I guess she thinks she is supervising me to make sure I do it correctly :roll: It is terrible when the goats themselves are the bosses :shock:

7. Shemarie

Shemarie Junior Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Topeka, KS
    a question about miniature donkeys

So tell me about Miniature donkeys....I want one so bad...but I don't think I have the room. How much room do they need and what kind of shelter...not that I can talk my fam into one...and would they get along with my 4 nigi goats? Any info you can give would be lovely!!

8. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    the donkey would need to have already been pastured with goats because if not they may hurt them. I would say you could get by with an acre per mini. A lean to that will protect them from wind and rain and other weather would be fine.

9. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Alyssa pretty well has it. If you do find a Mini Donkey that has been with goats they are actually a really good guardian. They HATE dogs! Or atleast most of them do. Some people use them as an alternative to pyr's and llamas. Might be a perk to help convince your family :wink:

10. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    Beautiful animals! I have always liked Haflingers, she's very pretty! My former neighbors (before I moved 4 years ago) have a Heeler that looks just like Dixie, but theirs is a male. He always came out to greet us when we went for walks by their house....very sweet dog.

11. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thank you! Yes, Haflingers are a very beautiful breed! And Dixie is one of the sweetest dogs you will ever find... as long as you aren't messin with her momma :wink: