Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Blaze my Haflinger mare:

This is Dixie my Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler) female:

This is Dallas my Silky Terrier female:

This is L.B. a AMHA registered Miniature Horse Gelding:

This is Memphis a AMHA registered Miniature Horse Mare:

And this is Pinocchio a Miniature Donkey Jack: I have to get far away pics of him because once he realizing I am in the pasture he comes running! :roll:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I have a Boer Doeling that does that as well. And when I feed she just walks around standing beside me wherever I go... I guess she thinks she is supervising me to make sure I do it correctly :roll: It is terrible when the goats themselves are the bosses :shock:

·
8 Posts
a question about miniature donkeys

So tell me about Miniature donkeys....I want one so bad...but I don't think I have the room. How much room do they need and what kind of shelter...not that I can talk my fam into one...and would they get along with my 4 nigi goats? Any info you can give would be lovely!!

·
Breaking Dawn Ranch
2,033 Posts
the donkey would need to have already been pastured with goats because if not they may hurt them. I would say you could get by with an acre per mini. A lean to that will protect them from wind and rain and other weather would be fine.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alyssa pretty well has it. If you do find a Mini Donkey that has been with goats they are actually a really good guardian. They HATE dogs! Or atleast most of them do. Some people use them as an alternative to pyr's and llamas. Might be a perk to help convince your family :wink:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Beautiful animals! I have always liked Haflingers, she's very pretty! My former neighbors (before I moved 4 years ago) have a Heeler that looks just like Dixie, but theirs is a male. He always came out to greet us when we went for walks by their house....very sweet dog.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts