The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a new trimmer and it arrived yesterday and I already have 3 bald goaties LOL I love it!! They aren't impressed and I'm getting better each goat I trim but some before and after pictures of the girls for you to see. Today I just did Andromeda, Lorraine and Cavatina. I'm so itchy with hair!
First post is BEFORE

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now AFTER

Cavatina is the Red Buckskin and Andromeda is the Moon spotted Buckskin. Lorraine is the Black moon spotted doe in the next post

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Continued

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And then Madeline and JASPER! I didn't think I was ever going to get done with him, He had that winter cotton just thick all over his coat. OMG Brushing and trimming and brushing and trimming!!

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't imagine clipping a whole cow! Let alone more than one O.O That's a lot of work!

I was having a terrible time getting a rear pic on Jasper, he kept coming to me and this was the best I got before he turned around to come to me again. UGH

·
14,760 Posts
Looks good! My kids show breeding Boer goats, and I wish sometimes we could just shave them (but flies/gnats/bugs are so bad that would be the issue!). It's a fitting fiasco lol. There are people who are amazing with clippers and grooming products, and then... there is me lol :)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its definitely a learning curve. I still have to touch up Andy's knees LOL its like I forgot to trim the knees specifically :/

·
14,760 Posts
Its definitely a learning curve. I still have to touch up Andy's knees LOL its like I forgot to trim the knees specifically :/
I hear ya lol! I do that all of the time with at least 1 or 2 out of the bunch. I don't have a place in our little barn to clip, so I have to do it outside. Sometimes when I run out of shade and I'm in the sun - white goats - make it hard to see how accurate I am. Clipping and blending the neckline on Boer goats can be such a pain!
When we were at our fair a little over a week ago I had to clip a doe we pulled out of the pasture, quick clip, and you'd think I was drunk while doing it lol! Needless to say I plan on fixing her hopefully tomorrow or Tues before a show later this week. Most of the ones I clipped a few weeks ago are due to be clipped again, so I'm hoping to teach my 12yo daughter so she can learn how to help clip her goats :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts