The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have had two 5 year old Saanen goats since October last year both brothers and one this winter completley lost his coat in great clumps until he was very bald all over, so much so he was pink and we had to put a horse excercise sheet on him as he was shaking with the cold so much, i wormed/liced him with Eprinex @ 1ml/10kg body weight and eventually his coat grew back beautifully and very smooth compared to the more rough curly coat it was before and now his brother is having same thing happening to him!! Any thoughts anyone, he was wormed/liced with same product only couple months ago even though vet recommend every 3 months, i have done him yesterday but am wondering if the product itself is upsetting them? Other goats are fine.:confused:

·
Registered
30,617 Posts
Copper, zinc, stress, hormone change, kidney taxed out from medication...there are many reasons for hair loss..here is a link that mighthelp you find the reason your guys are loosing hair..http://kinne.net/hairloss.htm

I have a saanen buck who looses his hair on head and neck and thins everywhere lese, every time he is in full rut...his sons do the same thing..I used to think it ws mites and would treat him..now I just make sure he doesnt get sunburned

1 - 4 of 4 Posts