The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all !

When I was putting the girls to bed this evening , as part of my routine, I feel everyone , check famachas and feel the udders on the does who are dried up (since November )

I noticed one of the girls had half of her udder feel quite a bit warmer than the other half ; it's about 30 out now and the one half was pretty chilly, the other was definitely warm. I had my husband give it a feel and he said he can't feel a difference. I checked her temp , it was normal , and I can't say she was any more sensitive than normal because they all tend to hop about and protest when being checked out.

What do you guys think... If it's still reasonably warm tomorrow, should I pull a sample from it to see what it looks like? There's no lumps and it's pretty empty overall.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You do a routine dry cow dose of Tomorrow, 1 full tube in each side massaged well up into the the udder. Many people, including myself, routinely 'dry cow' does to prevent infection during winter months.
Thanks =) I wasn't sure if that's what most people did or if that was unnecessary. I'll be doing that today, I've got some on hand. She's just 5 weeks out from kidding, that should be ok time wise right?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Did you ever find out if there was so ething wrong with her udder?
I hope she is ok!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts