Hallelujah's 1st Freshening

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Here is SGM S Hallelujah (Caesar's Villa P Faith x Caesar's Villa P Stedman *S). I must admit she's my favorite doe from last year and has really done well. She kidded 2-28-09 with twin bucklings who are already sold as wethers pending weaning. After seeing her full I think they could have gone as bucks possibly. What do you think? She is taking after her dam Faith a lot.

She is 2 weeks fresh in these pics today...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can't wait to see her in a couple more weeks!

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Very nice looking udder! :thumb:

3. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Wow- I think thats a great FF udder!
    :thumbup:

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Thanks! I think she could use a better medial but most FF don't usually have good medials so I'll have to wait and see about that. I can't wait to see her in a couple more weeks too!

5. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

I think a lot of my does could use a better medial too :roll:
    Seems to be pretty common with the ND's

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She DOES take after her dam! Beautiful udder Ashley :thumb:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    real nice udder... :greengrin:

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Thanks everyone!

Yes the medial and teat placement. I knew when I saw Hallelujah's teats at 3 months old she'd look like her dam. She could use better teat placement and the medial which is the two biggest things in Nigerian Dwarfs. If her medial comes in like her dam's then at least the teats will be at the bottom of both sides making milking a much better thing. She was a dream to milk too. Faith is and Hallelujah is like a replica of her. I'm thrilled! I can't wait to see how Faith's doelings look out of River! I'm going to do a repeat breeding of both Hallelujah and Faith to River next year.

9. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    I love the capacity on her!

the medial will improve next freshening.

I'd like it to have a higher attachment in the back, it seems kind of low, and the teats could be in a little but it's really nice for a FF

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Thank you. And she's not quite 2 weeks in these pics so she may get even more capacity in time. I am so excited about it! I have a few others I want to fill in, starting with Minuet since she's a 2nd freshener this year. She was already larger at kidding than last year. So who knows how she'll look. She's a loud mouth though so its going to be fun pulling those triplets from her! Ha!

11. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    It looks good Ashley! Isn't it fun seeing those beautiful homebred does doing so well? I haven't gotten to have that experience yet! As far as them freshening, the closest is Charity, being she was born on our farm. :greengrin:

12. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Yes it sure is, but I find I'm extremely critical of my homebred does. I seem to be extra hard on my opinion of them than if it was just a doe I bought and have had freshen. LOL So sometimes I have to stand back and just look at it and force myself to compare it with other goats and would I buy that goat. If yes then she's good and can stay. LOL I don't know why I'm like that but I am like that with websites I build and art I create too.

13. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA